SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NODISCONCT - Supply guarantee field on Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone please tell me the significance of Supply guarantee field on installation? We have a requirement wherein in special cases we don't want the customer to be disconnected and in some cases to restrict the creation of new contract. I saw the field on Installation with Supply Guarantee which has a value of "Other:No Disconnection". But even though I set this value in the field, I could disconnect the customer.

Please provide some in-sights on the significance and usage of this field.

Regards,

Sanjeev

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

monis_shakeel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is no other configuration/business function that has to be maintained or configured.

It certainly allows me to create a disconnection document but while creating a disconnection order, a red block gets populated under supply guarantee or outline agreement tab in the disconnection entry which disallows me. (Using Transaction EC85).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

former_member215295
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

As the name suggest you can't disconnect the customer, due to non-payment generally dunning generates a disconnection document for disconnecting the customer in this scenario there won't be any disconnection.

thanks,

Vikram

monis_shakeel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjeev,

We define the reasons for supply guarantee in customization in the following node.

SPRO->SAP Utilities->Master data->Utility Installation->Define reasons for supply guarantee.

Now if this field is populated for any installation with the defined reasons, you will not be able to disconnect the device or the Installation.

A disconnection document can be created but disconnection will not be possible.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Monis Shakeel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Monis and Vikram,

I appreciate your replies.

By looking at the description of the supply guarantee field, even I thought that if I set this field on installation, I would not be able to disconnect the installation. But when I tried to disconnect the installation, I could, without any issues. Is there any configuration or business function that needs to be activated in order to achieve the functionality of this field?\

Regards,

Sanjeev

monis_shakeel
Active Participant
0 Kudos

There is no other configuration/business function that has to be maintained or configured.

It certainly allows me to create a disconnection document but while creating a disconnection order, a red block gets populated under supply guarantee or outline agreement tab in the disconnection entry which disallows me. (Using Transaction EC85).

0 Kudos

Thanks Monis.