cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Certification I need to go for SAP BI 7.0 or SAP HANA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I am working in a Security Domain. I am interested in reporting and I did SAP BI 7.0 in a small institute. But I couldnt find any opportunity for freshers without certification. Now I am planning to do certification in SAP from ATOS or Genovate. The thing is when I enquired, some peoples asked me to SAP HANA since SAP BI is facing out. Is that true. If I do SAP BI now whether it will go in vain. Also I think SAP HANA openings are less when compared to BI. I am Bit confused. It would be great if you provide your expert guidance on this.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you really want to take BW certification, better go with the latest which is SAP HANA..I don't think BI will be phased out since not all companies will shift to SAP HANA, if it's not necessary in their business..Aside from that, I think HANA and BW are still related with each other..I think it's sort of an upgrade with different UI..But for sure, many will shift to SAP HANA so I suggest that you take this certification instead of SAP BI 7.0..

By the way, BI 7.3 is already out so BI 7.0 is sort of out dated..

https://training.sap.com/shop/certification/c_tbi30_73-sap-certified-application-associate---busines...

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

Thanks for your reply.

In India, Many companies are still using SAP BW/BI only. Not all companies are migrating to HANA. And Also I see more openings in SAP BW/BI compared to SAP HANA. If do SAP HANA, whether companies will hire me as a fresher.? Even if i do SAP BI whether it will go in vain.? Please advice me on this. I am confused.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar. G

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Right now, HANA is not yet rampant perhaps because of its price or the company does not need it yet..But maybe 5 years from now, HANA will already be implemented by several companies in your country..

For example, if I'm not mistaken, only two (2) companies in my country have HANA..But from I have heard, there are still three (3) companies planning to implement HANA this year..So, I think HANA will really be the trend in almost all companies..

Perhaps just take the BW 7.3 certification instead of 7.0 because right now companies are looking for BW having knowledge in BOBJ..Then just take the HANA certification when you are already learned in BW..

Regards,

Loed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

I am from sales background, was willing to go for SAP SD certification.

But after discussion with one of the senior consultants I started inquiring about SAP BI ( reason being market is now flooded with functional consultants, SAP BI will give me an upper hand )

When inquired with Genovate, they confirmed SAP BI is phased out.

My query: Can SAP HANA certified consultant be hired for SAP BI role ( considering very few companies implementing HANA)

Hi Rajesh: I have inquired today itself with Genovate.

Can you please advise where from you are getting SAP BI certification?

Regards,

Abhijit Goswami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

Rite Now only ATOS is offering SAP BI Certification which is of 5.75 Lakhs (too costly). So my suggestion is, learn SAP BI in a small institute(Learn well) and then you can go for SAP HANA certification either from ATOS or GENOVATE. Without knowing SAP BI/BW it is not suggest-able to learn SAP HANA.  Dedicated effort is required because certification alone wont earn you a Job.

All the best for your career.

Regards,

Rajesh Kumar G

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,

WELCOME to SCN!

My query: Can SAP HANA certified consultant be hired for SAP BI role ( considering very few companies implementing HANA)

---Definitely YES..As I have said above, SAP HANA is also BW..You just changed your database to HANA database to make BW faster..Plus, you also have another user interface for developing objects like SAP HANA STUDIO instead of the SAP LOGON pad..All of your knowledge in BW can also be used in HANA development..

However, the certification is just an additional points for your application..You really need to understand the concepts of BW (as what Rajesh said) in order for you to be hired..

Regards,

Loed

tnecnivo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Loed,

Sorry but I have to emphasize this:-

"SAP HANA and SAP BW are very different".

If you know SAP HANA only, you will not to be able to apply what you learned in SAP HANA in SAP BW. SAP BW are using whole different architecture.

However, if there's a project about BW on HANA, then SAP HANA knowledge might help to an extend, but you need to know BW to develop BW.

Loed
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vincent,

Sorry for confusion..

What I'm talking above is SAP BW on HANA..

Regards,

Loed

Answers (0)