cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VF02 field modification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to open the Header field in VF02 based on some specific billing type only so please let me know how it is possible.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182708
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi vivek garg,

from a functional perspective the manual change of several header fields in the invoice are not desirable.

Such a field as incoterms (VBRK-INCO1) is copied from the referenced document, in delivery related billing from the delivery (LIKP-INCO1). Into the delivery it is also copied, from the sales order (VBKD-INCO1), and into there it is determined from the customer master (KNVV-INCO1).

Due to this dependencies in the standard SAP behavior the field is not editable in transaction VF02. A manual change would lead immediately to an inconsistency, because then the incoterms in the sales order and delivery would no longer be the same to the one used in the invoice.

Of course the filling of the field can be influenced by the user-exit mentioned by G Lakshmipathi. Then you would have to program coding to define how the field should be filled differently.

But if I understand your requirement correctly, then you really would like to modfiy manually the field, in VF02, right?

If this is the case, then of course the user-exit, which is executed in the creation phase of the invoice process in VF01, is not useful.

Instead you would have to modifiy the screen 6001 of program SAPMV60A and change the editability of the screen field VBRK-INCO1:

But since this is hard-coded and no user-exits exists (as explained, some fields are not allowed to be changed!), you would have to modify standard coding of include MV60AF0F_FELDAUSWAHL_SONDERREG for screen-name = VBRK-INCO1 and force a change in screen-input from '0' to '1'.

Let me emphasize clearly that this is not recommended! From an audit perspective you can not deliver the goods with different incoterms than those that are then changed in the invoice. This is inconsistent and for good reason the screen input is deactivated.

Best regards,

Tobias

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tobias

Thanks for such a detailed & care towards the issue of members seeking for help.

Very good Hobbit of educating the members in SCN with Limitations&Boundaries.

Phanikumar

former_member182708
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Phanikumar V, I hope my reply is clear enough.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good explanation tobias. ..

Aleš
Newcomer
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

I use USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP to change values in INCO1 and INCO2. But directly after the exit, values are set back to values from LIKP.

Is it possible that there is no chance to change incoterms?

Regards

Aleš

former_member182708
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182708
Active Participant
0 Kudos

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi VIvek,

Hope you have the answer now. THanks to Tobias.

I was just wondering Why you want to change the incoterm in the invoice, and not in the order.

Unless you want to have more than one incoterm applicable to one line item of a sales order (incase of partial delivery and billing), there couldn't be a need of such a requirement.

Could you give a background of this requirement.

Thanks

Jobi

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While expecting some assistance from SCN for such a query, ensure that you provide maximum details in your post.  Which Header field you would like to edit in billing document?  You can try with USEREXIT_FILL_VBRK_VBRP in Program RV60AFZC

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Laxmi,

This user exit can be used in VF01 and i want to open the field like incoterm in VF02 to modify manually.

Thanks..