cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP CCMS Montior for Optional Components

mario_fliegner
Explorer

Hi there,

we're provider of a SAP certified interface to an open source ECM system. Interface works with Archivelink protocol (HTTP Content Server 4.6). The issue we're facing occurs on each customer SAP system and it seems to be related to the CCMS Monitor (or at least can be traced there).

If you navigate to the monitor with t-code SCMSMO and select "Knowledge Provider" -> "Content Server" then choose the connected remote server (where Archivlink send its requests and where our interface on the other end is installed and picks up the requests from SAP) and select a content repository. In category "Requests" (which is always marked as red) you can see "HTTP error" as message. If you double click on it now, it looks like that every 5 minutes a document will be requested with a docId that does not exists - neither in the remote system nor in SAP. The message id in the details is always "CMS 025" (not sure if this is important?). Related to our interface it means: We get every 5 minutes a request and search for a document that does not exist. Because this could also be a real scenario as well, we throw an error in this case. At the end the logfile is flooded with this error messages...

Does anyone knows about this behavior?

Why does it occur? Why SAP try to send every 5 minutes a request to the connected content repository and requests an document that does not exist?

How we can disable it? Is it possible at all?

Thank you very much for any further hint on this. Please see the attached screenshots.

BR,

Mario

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

tilo-sap
Explorer
0 Kudos

Had the same situation with every 5min logs for missing documents in our CS. Checked via TCODE csmonitor

for better visibility here the correct answer from: Siddhesh (aka former_member185954)

315604 - Repositories A2,A3,A7,D1,D3,DT,F1,F2,I1,IR

For the affected repository I navigate to the "Requests" and clicked on "Properties". Then I've changed the option for the message in tab "Status attribute" from "Always" to "Never". Now the request does not appear anymore as error.

Mario screenshot: https://community.sap.com/t5/technology-q-a/sap-ccms-montior-for-optional-components/qaq-p/10904357?...

sap_change-monitoring-never.JPG

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

I did a search on http://service.sap.com/notes and found that CMS025 seems to be related to something described in this note

1971353 - Documents can't be found after repositories on a SAP Content Server database have beed mov...

Regards,

Siddhesh

mario_fliegner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for the quick response.

This might be an issue but I'm not sure if this is really related to our problem.

Because we've created the content repository in SAP from scratch (no migration involved, nothing was moved). The name (like ZH in the screenshot) does not exists before. This means there was also no other repository connected.

Once the repository was created, the certificate was sent and the physical ECM system behind acts as repository, we receive this error message every 5 minutes. If we execute the RSCMST reports on the repo, each of the reports return a green light.

This issue is reproducable for almost each installation we have with our connector. Meaning, the SAP system from a customer in Australia requests every 5 min a DocId that does not exists, the SAP system from another customer in Norway does the same like the SAP from a customer in USA... The DocIds are different for each request! I have absolutely no clue why this happens and how to fix it.

Appreciate any help. Thanks!

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

I shared that note cause I found a procedure in it to isolate missing documents. I think I misread your issue, are you saying that there no documents missing, but still the alert monitor keeps generating this error message?

CMS025 message is generated for multiple issues, for example if its also generated if there is an issue with certificates.

Do you have any other trace that provides any further details?

Regards,

Siddhesh

mario_fliegner
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Siddesh,

thats correct... there are no documents missing at all! The requested document (docId) does not exists - neither in SAP nor in the connected repository. I am also not sure whether this alert monitor is related to the issue or whether the error messages of the failed requests are only tracked in this monitor. Right now I'm happy that we've found this monitor by chance recently, so that we now have at least one clue! Because we're strugling with this requests already for more than 2 years... I can not provide any other trace because I dont have one available (which one would be helpful?). I can only share one of the requests that was sent via Archivelink and that contains such a obsolete docId:

http://localhost:8080/alfresco/service/com/pernexas/archivelink?info&pVersion=0045&contRep=ZH&docId=...

Maybe there is an issue with how we customize the content repository in OAC0? What we can see in the statistics of the repository (CS Admin): There are always a lot of more "info" requests than any other. Maybe this is also related?

BR,

Mario

mario_fliegner
Explorer
0 Kudos

I found the following related in a trace file:

Does it help? Because this is the DocId that does not exists.

former_member185954
Active Contributor

Hello Mario,

I was following up this thread as I am dealing with Content Server currently in my organisation and hopefully while helping you, I can learn a bit more of it.

I found the following note:

315604 - Repositories A2,A3,A7,D1,D3,DT,F1,F2,I1,IR

Which describes your situation, although it describes the behavior of alert monitor and what needs to be done to fix it.

You may need to fix your issue appropriately.

Regards,

Siddhesh

mario_fliegner
Explorer

Hi Siddhesh,

great! Thanks, I think this is what we're looking for. For the affected repository I navigate to the "Requests" and clicked on "Properties". Then I've changed the option for the message in tab "Status attribute" from "Always" to "Never". Now the request does not appear anymore as error.

Another question raised during executing the steps: If I delete the content repositories / categories in OAC0 and OACT (as mentioned in the note) then I would assume that the related entry for the content server does not appear in "Knowledge Provider" list anymore. But it still remains... If I create a new content repository (that connects to another external server) it does not appear in the list of Knowledge Provider. What is the trick to update the Knowledge Provider list with the current state?

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mario,

Glad that it helped, I don't know the answer to the 2nd question, but it's interesting , I'll check it next week.

Regards,

Siddhesh