Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create||Edit||Change gui status / function codes at Runtime?

gianpietro_dalzio2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

i use in my develpment GENERATE DYNPRO h f e m ID g....MESSAGE F1 ...LINE F2 ...WORD F3. to create the needed dynpro at runtime.

This works very fine.

I define descrptively in several ABAP-OO classes how the different Dynpros have to be. The procedural part of the development is encapsulated just in one function module needed due to technical requirement (call screen, etc.).

My requirement is to handle the gui status (menu bar, application tool bar) like i handle the dynpros, fully dynamically-> at runtime.

The functionality to define dynamically the fcode texts (and icon) is not really enough.

I need to define dynamically the function type (' ', E, T, H, etc.).

Can i add a entire function(code) at runtime?

Does anybody know how it works?

This will be very helpful for me.

I would be very grateful to anyone that can give me a hint how to solve my requirement.

Thands a lot!

Cheers,

Gianpietro

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

larshp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sounds like function module RS_CUA_INTERNAL_WRITE might help you out? It can create all the CUA stuff for a program.

5 REPLIES 5

larshp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sounds like function module RS_CUA_INTERNAL_WRITE might help you out? It can create all the CUA stuff for a program.

0 Kudos

Thank you Lars!

I already investigate on this. The problem of the function modules of the group SMPI is that they do mutch more that only generation (once) of a status, they do to much stuff more (DB acces, activating, saves, etc.); this is a to big source of unstableness for production environments.

I dreamed of a simple foreseeable/transparent solution like "GENERATE DYNPRO"..

Gianpietro

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm interested what scenario needs such a thing (dynamically creating "everything" in the screen). It sounds (a little bit) like an overhead solution .Can you bring some more light to this?

0 Kudos

Hi Jozef,

we have hundreds of screens and we devolop more.

We have the requirement to do maintenance of the screens for the next "?" (several) years,

and to create a new simple screen (e.g. for a simple master data object) so fast as possible.

We define at the moment for each screen a set of functionality and a particularly usability ("style").

What if we want to extend the set of functionality? Or to change the style?

We possibly don't want to re-edit each screen and even we don't want to leave the old screens aging.

We think the solution for us is to ecapsulate the most possible functionality in a clean/clear OO objects models. Surely searching the balance between the aspects: complexity, maintainability, costs, etc.

As example if we have the requirement to enable our mentioned siple master data screens with a new function: it will be nice if it is possible to just extend (once) the common superclass of all the screens and the functionality is available on each screen.

I'm sorry for my bad englisch, but i hope i can give you an idea of our thinking...

Cheers,

Gianpietro

0 Kudos

Your English is fine . Thanks for the detailed inspection. It surely seems it makes sense in your case, but I doubt SAP's environment (SAP Logon) is the good place to do such thing. Of course you would not change your idea now, but that kind of encapsulation may have some easier steps, e.g. building all the dypnros as subdynpros of the main one, which would encapsulate the functions-set, maintaining a special case of GOS in the transactions and so on.

I really would not like to be doing the simplest things (creating a dynpro) in code. Then you lack the advantage of ABAP, which was (as I believe) made for rapid development in it's environment.

However, good luck.