cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

changing sap system users

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have installed ECC 6.0 system on Windows 2003 /MS SQL database.

The ECC system is up and running.

Now, I want to chnage the standard SAP system users: <SID>adm and SAPService<SID> to some different names like: XXX_<SID>adm and XXX_SAPService<SID>.

I want to know if it is possible to run the system without any propbelm after making this change and if yes, then what all things need to be chaged to achieve this scenario.

Thanks in advance,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

I dont think you can do that and even a normal user in sap systems as this causes issues and I think this is even acknowledged by SAP. Try this out.Create a user then change it to a different name and then try recreating a different user with the original name. Correct me if I am wrong.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I completly agree that you have to never change the SIDadm user and SAP service as they are realted to SAP and OS level authentication.Incase you have installed it on windows look into the folder C:\Documents and setttings where you find the profile of the SIDadm, so these are the user which are created during installation of your SAP systems and there are some tools like JSPM which uses this user to logon, Incase you change it you have to make sure that the change is incorparated in all the files that the SAP is referring to. Hence the advice would be never ever change, If you change then forget of getting help:)..just kiddin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

<SID>adm and SAPService<SID> are used for several purposes and changing them will lead to several changes and several complications. I dont think XXX_<SID>adm and XXX_SAPService<SID>. is gonna work for you easily. . It will create unecessary complications only. So my advice is not to change them.

<SID>adm and SAPService<SID> are used for several activities like running of services, connection to OS etc.

Regards.

Ruchit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for a quick reply!

The thing is, the organization for whom I have configured this system, has a specific user naming policy. According to that, the user accounts start with a prefix and hence the user names XXX_<SAPSID>adm.

Can you put some more light on how and what changes needs to be done?

I tried searching for some really good document on the same topic but did not succeed.

Thanks & regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

S.Kapeen

Why don't you logon with the Administrator user of windows and start the SAP instances instead of logon with SYS ID.

then create the following users without the XXX_SID.

REgards

Anwer Waseem