SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation Accounts to be Excluded from AVC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are on ECC6.0- Ehp4 and implementing BCS part of FM.

I want to exclude the Depreciation Accounts from AVC. Based on the threads I found in SDN, I have done the following configuration.

1. Created New tolerance profile and maintain tolerance limits as "information"

2. In "Settings for Availability Control Ledger" in "Define Derivation Strategy for Tolerance Profiles"  I have created new "Derivation Strategy"

3. In the new "Derivation Strategy" I have created Derivation Rule:

I have given "Source Field" as "Commitment Item" and "Target Field" as "Tolerance Profile"

4. In the Rule Value I have mentioned "Commitment Item" for which I do not want AVC and in tolerance profile I have mentioned "New Tolerance           profile"

5. Now in "Assign Tolerance Profiles and Strategy for Control Objects"  I already have one profile attached, when I copy and try to attach this new profile I am getting error

"Target Key Must be difference from Source Key"

What am I missing? Please guide....

Regards

Shailesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why would you create another line in "Assign Tolerance Profiles and Strategy for Control Objects"? This is not required. You have just to assign the strategy for profile derivation.

Regards,

Eli

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

ankit_agarwal8
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shailesh,

Why are you making different tolerance profile for this requirement. You can just maintain the commitment item with 50/1 i.e. DUMMY commitment item against depreciation accounts if you don't want any budget control on these accounts.

Regards,

Ankit K. Agarwal.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why would you create another line in "Assign Tolerance Profiles and Strategy for Control Objects"? This is not required. You have just to assign the strategy for profile derivation.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Eli

Yes, you are right as always... Thanks...

Ankit...

To answer your question, I want all my expenses to flow in to FM table for my MIS purpose, that is why I would budget for depreciation expesnes but would like to skip the AVC..

Thank you both of you...

Shailesh