cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle DBSL on SAP BW (DB connect)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a problem when integrating oracle and sap bw through DB connect.

SAP BW: database - SQL, OS - Windows

I referred blog "http://scn.sap.com/people/peng.shen2/blog/2010/05/26/create-datasource-for-db-connect-step-by-step".

Basis team says, Normally they replace SQL DBSL in the kernel directory and that cannot be done for oracle DBSL.

Please check the below image. Whether it is SQL or oracle is it the way of deploy DBSL? or is there any other way to replace oracle DBSL.

Please advice.

Thanks,

Thilini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

If the BW system is running on Windows with MSSQL and if you want to establish a connection to an external Oracle database using DB Connect you will need to install the Oracle client software on the BW system and also deploy the DBSL files for the Oracle database.

You should not need to delete the existing DBSL of MSSQL.

518241 - DB Connect in BW for an external Oracle database

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

Exactly I installed oracle client on BW. I want to know how to deploy DBSL files. If you can give me steps to follow that will be a great help.

Thanks,

Thilini

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Thilini

Download the DBSL files and extract them to the kernel location (DIR_CT_RUN) location and restart the SAP system. The files will be copied to DIR_EXECUTABLE location after the restart.

Regards

RB

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Thilini,

In that help.sap link it says

"One of the advantages of this architecture is that a work process can include connections to several different databases belonging to different manufacturers.

To use DB Connect to transfer data into BI, you need to have installed the SAP-specific part of the database interface, the DBSL, for the corresponding source-database management system for each BI application server."

Installing the Database Shared Library (DBSL) - Business Intelligence - SAP Library

The original files can be overwritten only if the names of the Oracle specific ones are the same with the SQL-specific ones. Please download the Oracle DBSL once and check if they have same names with your SQL DBSL files. If not you can be sure that you put them under your kernel directory safely. Normally they have different names and you are able to put them under DIR_EXECUTABLE.

For general information:

400818 - Information about the R/3 database library

And this one is helpful as Benjamin mentioned:

518241 - DB Connect in BW for an external Oracle database

I hope they help.

Regards,

Serhat

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The screenshot talks about replacing MSSQL DBSL on SAP BW running on Windows which is correctly mentioned, the blog you shared doesn't talk about replacing oracle dbsl ?

Why are you trying to replace Oracle DBSL ?

Regards,

Siddhesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

I don't want to replace SQL DBSL. What I meant by replacing was deploying oracle DBSL.

I want to know how to deploy oracle dbsl to create a DB connection.

Thanks,

Thilini