Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Web Dispatcher HA implementation

former_member265504
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am looking for pre-requisite for Implementing HA for Web dispatcher.

I had gone through the link  http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw74/helpdata/en/48/9a9a6b48c673e8e10000000a42189b/content.htm?frameset=...

I have two queries here-

1. Currently i am in web dispatcher level "SAP Web Dispatcher Version 7.21.0".I wanted to know if i can implement this functionality in this current level.In this document i dont find any mention of this pre-requisite

2. I see its mentioned in the above link that in order to implement this functionality the Web dispatcher should be started by sapstartsrv but in our scenario we start web dispatcher manually via command "sapwebdisp pf=sapwebdisp.pfl" from OS level.How i can change it to be started by sapstartsrv.Do i have to make any changes to sapwebdisp.pfl?

Thanks & Regards,

Rajdeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajdeep

Just follow the steps as mention in the SAP KBA

1564222 - How to install the SAP Web Dispatcher in a Microsoft Failover Cluster?

BR

SS

former_member265504
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

Our systems are in AIX environment not in windows.one more thing the note Talks about installing web dispatcher in Microsoft cluster.For us its already installed,I just want to enable the HIGH availability feature hench wanted these two information.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajdeep

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajdeep,

sapstartsrv is a facility provided by SAP to automatically start or shutdown SAP when the UNIX host reboots.

the file /usr/sap/sapservices controls what gets started and what profile is used etc.

check the /usr/sap/sapservices file, you can add entry in that file to start the webdispatcher automatically.

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rajdeep,

As far as your first query goes, yes HA capability is available even in older sap webdispatchers

Check the link below.

High Availability of the SAP Web Dispatcher - SAP Web Dispatcher - SAP Library

The way to reach this link is:

http://help.sap.com/ -> Technology -> SAP Netweaver Platform -> SAP Netweaver 7.0 EHP1 -> System Administration and Maintenance Information -> Technical Operations for SAP Netweaver (English) -> Administration of Standalone Engine -> SAP Webdispatcher -> Architecture and Functions of SAP Web Dispatcher -> More Information (section at the bottom) -> High Availability of the SAP Web Dispatcher

Regards,

Siddhesh

former_member265504
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Siddhesh,

Thanks very much for your suggestion & reply. 🙂

I will now try to implement it and get back to you on the status.

Thanks & Regards,

Rajdeep