cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In what method of the component the F4 action is being called for a attribute?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing a issue when combining the values from a search help defined in the dictionary and freely programmed input values.

1. I have a search help mapped to my attribute like below.

The issues is that I need this search help to be called only in some pre- established conditions not in all cases.

2. I have also a method that has the below code and is being called when loading up the view.(inside method SET_INIT_DATA)

According to the below logic the values for the help should be retained in lt_value.

Now I want to call either the values in lt_value or the dictionary search help depending on what user has chosen on the previous view.

Can someone advise me if is possible to combine these two options of having search helps?

If yes, do you know the method where the dictionary search help is being called as the ABAP Dictionary search help is integrated completely into Web Dynpro runtime and requires no further implementation?

Your help is much appreciated.

Best regards,

Elena

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elena,

I'm not sure it is possible to have both through dictionary search help and Freely programmed. b'se we need to set this function at Attribute level.

YOu may try to create two separate input fields one with Dictionary Search help and other with Freely programmed and SET visibility to show just one based on your selection criteria.

Thank you,

Kiran