cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inbound Proxy Error re-processing in Target System (ECC)

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

When I try to re-process an error inbound proxy message in ECC XI (from SXI_MONITOR, clicking the Restart button), I get the following error message:

"RFC destination SAPXIPP120 does not exist."

Is there something wrong with the message? Or should the RFC connection be configured first?

Because this is an inbound and ECC is the target system why does it complain about RFC connection?

Regards,

Suwandi C.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suwandi_cahyadi
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thank you for the replies.

I just want to clarify one thing. The error message that I got:

"RFC destination SAPXIPP120 does not exist."

Is a popup error, when I press the Restart button I got that popup error message.

So I though the error message is from SAP standard not from the inbound proxy processing logic, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thank you,

Suwandi C.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think it's from SAP standard validations. It should be inside your proxy..

As i mentioned, you can even try testing your proxy with the inbound xml.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

You are right it could be an standard issue.

Could you check with your basis team if this note affects your endpoint system  2055696 - RFC Destination for restart is not working for Proxy ?

Regards

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

Are you using principal propagation for this interface? because this destination is for principal propagation.

You can check this in SXMB_ADM->Configure Principal Propagation

Regards,

Praveen.

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just to add on for the benefit of others who will come across this in the future.

We are in the midst of upgrading from ECC EHP5 to EHP7. We just only hit this same error today testing the first inbound proxy interface to EHP7. The weird thing is that it is a file to proxy interface with no principal propagation configured and it works perfectly fine on EHP5.

The only difference we can find is that on EHP5, the principal propagation is inactive in the local integration engine. However, on EHP7 there is no functionality to set it to inactive (same as Praveen's screenshot above.)

After searching high and low (on SCN, SAP Help, on PI & EHP7 system) I couldn't find anything to turn off principal propagation on the backend (it is already not configured on the ICO). So I just tried clicking the "Restore" button on the EHP7 screen which created the user and RFC destination. After that, restarting the message from SXI_MONITOR works.

This is definitely not from the inbound proxy logic. If anyone else has any clue why the principal propagation configuration has changed in EHP7, it would be nice to add on to this thread.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you! You made my day with this solution.

We were experienced exactly the same error on the ECC side, with no principal propagation configured.
We had to add the role SAP_XI_APP_SERV_USER to user PIPPUSER as well in order to make it work.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng / Francisco

not sure if you are still monitoring this post.

I got same error, followed your advice to create the RFC and user, now I don't get that error any more. However I am prompted to login to reprocess the message. If I use any user different than the user configured in the receiver communication channel, I got error like"Error during user switch", if I user the same user (by setting it as dialog user), then I can successfully restart the message. I've post my question in http://scn.sap.com/thread/3860406.

So how that works in your case? do you use your user id to configure the receiver CC? or have you done any other configure in the abap system to get rid of the login popup when restarting message?

Thank you very much

Jayson

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should debug your proxy to understand that. May be your inbound proxy has got such validations.

Did you try testing your proxy with the xml?

former_member186851
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You should configure the destination with type 'G' in SM59

Which version of PI your using?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suwandi,

Inside you ABAP proxy server code, are you calling a module function or RFC?

Regardsl