cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database inconsistency : start transaction SICK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have installed SAP ECC IDES EHP4 /NW 7.01.

as soon as I logged in I am getting Short dump saying database inconsistency  and with below message

''OS release Windows NT 6.1 7601 Service Pack 1 AMD64 Level 6 (Mod 45 Step 7) is not supported with this kernel (701)''

Appreciate your advise ..

FYI , I am not a basis person , but out of my own interest I am doing it ..

Kind Regards

Thiru

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Brindavan_M
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This issue is related to windows OS service pact update. if your kernel DVD is wrong then  installation wont be allow to continue the next steps. Also check the current kernel is supported for tour operating system.

Thanks,

BM

JamesZ
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Thiru,

Please use kernel 720 instead of 701. Kernel 720 is downward compatible. Please refer to SAP note

1629598 to update kernel 720.

Cheers,
James

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sivaraman

1.  Is this Ides system was working fine before? Just do the full system restart and then try.

2. Is this any firewall or UAC setting enabled in your windows 7 or windows 2008 R2?

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sivaraman,

Probably wrong kernel DVD has been pointed or somehow used for the installation.

Just obtain the correct kernel packages and upgrade your kernel. Download the correct kernel files to upgrade. This is an example, so you should select the links accordingly to your system architecture UC or NUC.

Probably you'll be upgrading your kernel with 720EXT. Have a look at those notes:

Note 1636252 - Installing a 7.20 kernel in SAP Web AS 7.00/7.01/7.10/7.11

Note 1553301 - 7.20 EXT Kernel - Usage

For a basic kernel upgrade example:

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/70d8838d-cb8f-2c10-7ab8-d1504670f...

I hope they help.

Regards,

Serhat

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

''OS release Windows NT 6.1 7601 Service Pack 1 AMD64 Level 6 (Mod 45 Step 7) is not supported with this kernel (701)''

Issue related with the kernel usage here.To resolve you could refer SAP Note  1480785 - Creating a Modified Windows Kernel DVD   and switch the kernel.

Hope this will help you.

Regards,

former_member185954
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Thiru,

Which version of Windows do you have ?

I think you have downloaded the wrong version/type of Kernel DVD during your installation.

Regards,

Siddhesh