cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

brrestore with RMAN and ASM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am just about to create a experimental PI 7.30 (ABAP+JAVA) system as a copy of an already existing PI Development system. The source system database is on Oracle RAC 11.2.0.3 with ASM. The backups are taken with brbackup calling RMAN and Netbackup. We have chosen the database specific method for the system copy, which means that we will run SWPM and when prompted by SWPM, we will manually restore a copy of the source system to the newly installed system.

The ASM disk groups of the source system are called +PID_DATA, +PID_ARCH, +PID_RECO etc. However, on the target system, the already created disk groups are called +DATA, +ARCH, +RECO.

Do you anticipate any issues with restoring on those +DATA, +ARCH, +RECO disk groups because their names do not match with the source system disk group names?

Also, any general advice on what I should look out for during the RMAN restore on ASM is welcome. I was planning to just issue brrestore -b <file,afr> -m full and take it from there. After configuring the initSID.utl and inistSID.sap af course.

Many thanks

Andreas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207186
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reagarding restore on ASM, please refer to section "3.1 Backup, Restore, Recovery" of SAP Note

1627541 - "BR*Tools support for Oracle ASM and Exadata".

You can also check the below threads:

Oracle specific system copy for database running with Oracle ASM

Regards,

Bíborka