cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.updateFromXML() is working in IE, but not in FF

0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't know whether this question is SAP MII related or rather DHTMLX, but I will make an attempt here. Consider the following code fragment:

someGrid.updateFromXML("/XMII/Runner?Transaction=somePath/someTransaction&Content-Type=text/xml&someParameterAssignments...&OutputParameter=OutputXML", true, false);

I'm updating the content of a grid with the line above. This is working in IE, but I'm receiving

TypeError: a.doXPath(...)[0] is undefined

error message in FF. Now, if I will run the transaction in MII, and will use the output as an offline .xml file, it will work in both browsers:

someGrid.updateFromXML("offline.xml", true, false);

Is it a possible way-of-working that I use the whole transaction path as an argument in .updateFromXML()? How to resolve this issue?

Thx

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

I changed the ".responseXML" to ".responseText" in the XMLHttpRequest(), and I received this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<Rowsets DateCreated="2015-03-18T09:56:59" EndDate="2015-03-18T09:56:59" StartDate="2015-03-18T09:56:59" Version="12.2.6 Build(44)" TransactionID="-1">

<Messages>

<Message>TRANSACTION EXECUTED OK</Message>

</Messages>

</Rowsets>

What could have gone wrong?

swaroop_anasane
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tibor,

Not sure about this issue. Sometime back i have read something on FF's compatibility for certain functions. Like clipboard func do not work with previous versions of dhtmlxgrid.

you might wan to venture in this direction.

Best Regards,

Swaroop

0 Kudos

hi Swaroop

maybe the problem is, that the URL contains hashmark (#)

I found this:

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=459456

Don't you happen to know, how to escape the hashmarks in the URL?

Thx

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try the encodeURIComponent(uri) function.

Regards,
Christian

0 Kudos

thx. that's it