cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue

former_member1249468
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,I have one issue please give me ur inputs on this:When we have 2 materials M1 & M2 ,if the customer purchases only m1 then it should apply full price,but if the customer places an order along with m2 i.e,.m1+m2 then the price is like (m1 price + 50% of m2 price) .How to map this scenario.Kindly send me the inputs.

Regards,

Ravisankar.P.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

For M1 material and M2 material to go together at the time of sales order .This relates to the scenario that when M1 and M2 is bought at the same time then the result should be like this(M1+50%of M2).

This can anway be determined on the basis of some formula that should be linked to alternative calculation base routine assigned to the discounted new condition type assigned to Pricing proced.

The logic has to be build on item category i.e for material M2 with new proposed item category that has higher level item(UEPOS) of VBAP table M1 then the calculation process in the routine should be then M2 which is half the price of M2 with M1.This will alllow to determine the value of M2 to processlike this when it is linked to M1 material.

Thats how i think it can be mapped.

Thanks

Saurabh

javed_ihsan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you can use the concept of "Condition formula for alternative calculation type" in your pricing procedure. Create a new routine and assign it to your pricing procedure.

Then include your code in that new routine (Formula for condition value).

You can differentiate between the two materials by different ways (like by material groupings). In that pricing routine you can check for both the materials by material groupings and if both found then calculate the price for 2nd item as 50%.

I think this will resolve your issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi.,

I think we can use the concept of bonus buy

Award points if helpful

Narayana

Message was edited by:

manam narayana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please check this link where the same kind of query was answered :

<a href="https://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.comhttp://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/profile?userid=3519432">customized free goods</a>

Pl. reward if it helps.

Thanks & Regards

Sadhu Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi REDDY,

<b>

{{READ THIS SCENARIO KEEPING IN MIND YOUR SCENARIO LIKE THIS

Material M1 – I Qty

Material M2 - 1 Qty (Discount 50% if the person buys both M1 & M2)}}</b>

This is a new Free Goods Scenario :

Material A - 10 Qty

Material A - 2 Qty ( Free if the Buyer Buys 10 qty)

1. Material Ledger :

o COGS - 12 Qty (10 Qty posted to COGS & 2 Qty posted to Promotional GL in the Material ledger).

2. Account Postings :

o Sales Revenue - 12 Qty

o Sales Deduction (Promotional) - 2 Qty

These 2 Free Qtys should reflect in CO-PA also in the said line configured for this.

Configuration set up in SAP :

Create a new Manual Item Category(ZTAN) for Free Goods : In that, set up the following : Billing : A – Delivery-related Billing

Pricing : B – Pricing for free goods (100% discount) Statistical value – Blank

Click the check boxes : Business Data item, Schedule line allowed, wt/Vol. relevant and determine cost.

The incompletion log can used if any Internal order is to be set for this Free Goods.

Create Internal order with the help of FI people.

Item Category Determination :

Set this with the combination like Sales Document Type + Item Category Group + Item Category Usage(FREE) + H.Level Item Category (TAN) + Default Item Category (New Free Item Cat).

And set this also for the Sales Document Type + Item Category Group + Item Category Usage + H.Level Item Category (New Free Item Cat) + Default Item Category (New Free Item Cat).

Create a new Schedule line category :

This is needed if it requires separate Account postings while going for Material ledger once the GI happens.

Set the Schedule Line category determination : Assign with the New Free Goods Item Category either in Higher Level Item Category as CP and the new Schedule line Category also in the Manual Item Category.

For the new Free Goods line item, the Schedule Line Item category can be changed manually in the Sales order Schedule line data if it requires separate GL Account postings in GI.

If separate GL account postings is needed for this Free goods in Material Ledger, then we need to create a movement type exactly like 601 and set the automatic account determination for the Valuation group code + Account modifier + Valuation with the concern GL Account.

Else this will also go the COGS account through regular Schedule line category CP which is assigned with the New Free Good Item Category.

Create a new Discount condition type(ZDIS):

Set with Access sequence with keys as Sales document type and Item Category. So that we can create condition record for this condition type accordingly.

Assign this condition type next to the PR00 in the pricing procedure with the indication of calculation base value as PR00.

Eg. In the pricing procedure, if the item number of PR00 is 10 and the item number of ZDIS is 20. For the calculation, give in the from and to indicator as 10. So that it takes the base condition value of PR00.

And create a condition record for this condition type with the keys Sale Doc.Type & Item category as -100 %.

Assign the account key ERS or create a new account key against this ZDIS in the pricing procedure.

Set the Account Determination for the new discount posting key and assign the GL account for the Account determination condition KOFI.

For CO-PA postings :

Create another copy condition type for CO-PA and assign as the last item in the Pricing procedure and make it Statistical.

Give the From & To indicator as 10(to copy the PR00 value). Assign the access sequence Sale Doc type & Item Category. So that this will take only for Discounted promotional line item (20).

Create a condition record with this Access sequence as 100 %. This will copy the value of PR00 in pricing. So that this will take the value of only the Free Goods. i.e Qty 2 * value of the item.

Create new posting key and set the Account Determination by assigning the GL account for the Account determination condition KOFI.

In the CO-PA transaction KE4I, make an entry of this condition type also assign for the concern line item which needs to be exhibited in Accounting document.

For ERS, make a setting with the account determination condition KOFK with the same GL account 800000 (if it requires).

Create Sale order :

Enter the line item 10 – Material A – 10 Qty – This will take with the normal Item Category TAN.

Enter the line item 20 – Material B – 2 Qty –

Press Enter this will take with the normal Item category TAN. Then change that Item category manually as ZTAN and press enter.

This will re-determine the pricing and the pricing will become nil. Since from PR00, the same is subtracted with the new Discount condition type(-100%)

Complete the cycle and check up for the Account postings in GI.

Based on the requirement, the result will come as follows :

1) All the 12 would be posted in COGS or

2) 10 would have got posted with COGS.

And the remaining would be posted to the promotional GL account.

And the Account postings will be as follows :

1) All the 12 Qty will be taken to Revenue accounts.

2) And the 2 Free Goods Qty will be posted to promotional discount GL Account.

3) The Invoice value is only for the 10 Qty only since the value of the line item 20(2 qty) will be nil.

Check up the Accounting document of CO-PA, where the Total Sales Qty (10 nos) and the value will come and in the line item we can see the value of promotional Qty (2 nos) and the values in the said line item which we have configured in KE4I.

<b>**reward points if helpful**</b>

Regards

AK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy,

- Free goods can only be supported on a 1:1 ratio. This means that an order item can lead to a free goods item. Agreements in the following form are not supported: ‘With material 1, material 2 and material 3 are free of charge‘ or ‘If material 1 and material 2 are ordered at the same time, then material 3 is free of charge‘.

BUT IN YOUR CASE WE HAVE TO CONSIDER ONLY 2 ITEMS SO WE CAN CHANGE THE SCENARIO AS

just go to the img and make some changes 9client based change as when both are bought the second item should have 50% discount.

The first item would be TAN itself so that the full price is accepted for every case.

- Free goods are not supported in combinations with material structures (for example, product selection, BOM, variants with BOM explosion).

- Free goods are only supported for sales orders with document category C (for example, not quotations).

- Free goods are not supported for deliveries without reference to a sales order.

- Free goods cannot be used in make-to-order production, third-party order processing and scheduling agreements.

- If you defined a free goods for variants in a generic article (only SAP Retail), you can only process the variants in the purchase order and goods receipt individually (as single articles). In other words, you cannot process them using the generic article matrix.

<b>**PLEASE REWARD POINTS IF THIS IS USEFUL**</b>

Regards

@K

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try to use free goods for this with a little of customization or coding...

Regards

Roberto