cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify Sales order after proforma has been issued.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have seen maybe 100 posts with steps that need to be taken in order to "cancel" a proforma. Once a proforma is issued that freezes the details from SO and sometimes you need to change these details hence the need to cancel the effects of the proforma.

In my case when I try to enter in edit mode in the invoice and move it to completed status the button is greyed out and in the document flow the invoice is displayed as being completed instead of cancelled as most of the posts claim it should be.

So, the question is: how can I reach "Cancelled" status for proforma invoice in the document flow or why I can't do it myself?

Reason for change: at the sales order entry date the stock was insufficient so I have 2 schedule lines. The delivery however has to performed in 1 step in this case only, not always so the customer is correctly configured to accept multiple deliveries. After the proforma was issued any attempt to redo ATP in the conditions of plenty stock failed, the SO still has 2 schedule lines. I could not change the delivery grouping in SO at header level, I could not modify any of the quantities form the schedule lines so how else can I deliver the SO today? As a matter of fact I found a workaround, I cancelled the line in the SO and I enter it again...but the question still remains.

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aton,

Even if you have two schedule lines in the order, with different delivery dates; both can be delivered on the same date, in one delivery note, if there is sufficient stock. So, no need to change the schedule lines details in the order.

For cancellation of F5, please paste screenshots of document flow and the bill where it shows field cancelled (Tab Header, header level)

TW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I have experienced a different behavior: initially at the first SO input the stock was partially available so 2 schedule lines were added, one for the same day and one for later. Since for this case only 1 shipment was acceptable the delivery was delayed until all stock was technically available to promise.

When we were between date 1 and 2, each corresponding to one schedule line we tried then to change the expected delivery date - to current day - and redo the ATP check but nothing changed, I had the same unmodified schedule lines. Needless to say that the attempt to use V_V2 was unsuccessful, no change was performed upon the SO.

I even tried to delete and add the line in the same document but this time the error message came from the subsequent document, the proforma invoice that prevented any modification to the lines ...

Now the case is over, the warehouse simply waited until the second date was due and delivered the entire quantity in one step - so I'm afraid we need to end this thread because I can't produce any evidences anymore...

thank you for your time and patience.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If this no longer occurs then kindly close the discussion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did that, thank you for the link.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not seems to be a standard behaviour.  You can edit a sale order even after generating a proforma (assuming that your business process is also order related proforma) and I am not sure, why, it is not editable in your case.  Of course, if it is Delivery related proforma, then, system won't allow you to edit certain fields but not all.  By the way, have you copied the standard document type (F5 or F8) ? 

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

I used F5 original proforma, it is used for customs purposes only; its status in the document flow is "Completed" and SO's is "Open". No delivery was done at any point of the given example.

The lines in the SO can only be cancelled but not modified in any details.

Any other ideas?

Thank you.

jobis
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Aton,

In standard even after creating a F5 invoice and completing it, we will be able to edit the sales order quantities and values.

Even if you complete a pro forma invoice, it will not show as cancelled in doc flow. And as far as I know, in normal standard way, you cant' cancel a proforma invoice.

If you are not able to edit ur sales order after creation of proforma invoice, then look at the copying control settings (VTFA) and the routines used there at header level and item level.

Thanks

Jobi

Former Member
0 Kudos

The configs are as follows:

Any secrets hidden here?

Btw, there are 100+ posts that teaches how to "cancel" the proforma, open in edit mode and then select "Complete" but that's not an option for me, the line is greyed out.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i understood your issue correct, you have SO from which you create a delivery and then the proforma. If this is correct, then, even in case where you have issue, you have created the SO and the Delivery. In your statement you mentioned that the customer can accept multiple deliveries, but the configuration on the customer is incorrect and the SO reflects the incorrect number of deliveries. So, the only reason i can think your SO freezes is because you have created delivery for it and then SO has gone to "Complete" status. It should not be because of the proforma you created. So, if you reverse the PGI and then delete the delivery you should be able to open up the SO.

I might be wrong in my analysis and only gave a thought based on your issue statement. Please let me know if this is the case.

Regards,

Mukund S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello.

No delivery was done at any point of the given example, I mentioned that before above. The order is SO->PI, nothing else. Now I would like to change the SO and I can't due to subsequent document(PI).

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry, I misunderstood. You may want to look at either the item category config (but i dont believe there is anything with item category) or may be there is an user exit/enhancement which is changing the status of the sales order. You may want to look at those as well in addition to other suggestions above.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mukund S