Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ReigsterConsumer for CBA

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are planning to implement CBA in our single stack PI system ( with SOLMAN as consumer ). Please let me know if the below approach is correct one -

1. Creating one alert rule for each ICO in ID

2. Will this capture all the errors if I create the rule for ICO only

3. I need to create a single consumer called SOLMAN ...will I need to execute RegisterConsumer for each alert rule that I create?

4. The consumer that i created say SOLMAN will be registeered in the solution manager system

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Can you please share your views on this..

should I call the RegisterConsumer webservice for each alert rule separately ?

should I create only one alert consumer ( SOLMAN ?? )  and use it for all the rules

0 Kudos

RegisterConsumer webservice??

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

Check below document for Component-Based Message Alerting with SAP NW PI 7.31

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/download/attachments/247006678/PI_Message_Alerting_PI7.31_SolMan7.1SP5....

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

I already went through the doc but could not undersntand if the new consumer that I created should be attached to all the alert rules by calling the RegisterConsumer service or I need to call that service only once and attach the consumer to all the rules

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

You don't need to register the consumer for solution manager with RegisterConsumer service. If you enable Active and Registered check boxes below in solution manager then consumer will be automatically registered for that alert rule in PI. Please check below screen shot.

Check question 19 in below wiki. and question 10 under Miscellaneous Checks section.

PiMon_Frequently Asked Questions - Technical Operations - SCN Wiki

Check below links also for more info.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

But if you see Question 10 of the same wiki. It asks to check if the SOLMAN system is mentioned as consumer in alert rule in NWA

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

Yes when enable those check boxes Message Alerting which i shown above the SOLMAN consumer automatically assign it to alert rule in PI, that check is to verify SOLMAN consumer is assigned correctly or not.

Regards,

Praveen.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member190284
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

1. yes, single alert rule will be sufficent for each ICO

2. It depends ont he category which you select while creating an alert rule