cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Consumption history data is incorrect for one planning area

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

Consumption history data is showing twice the value it is supposed be, for the month 2013 MAY in one planning area. The history data for rest of the months is correct. But for the month of may 2013 the consumption history is showing double the value. The same data is shown in the info cubes as well. In BI system the history data is shown correctly, it is shown half the value of that in info cube and planning are. What could be the possible reason? Please help me on this regard.

Thanks

Pratyush Suri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Is it possible for you to check the values in APO Info cube from where you are loading the entries into planning area. It could be you duplicate request which are adding up the data.

Other option could be manually loading the data into Planning area using /SAPAPO/TSCUBE - Load Data from InfoCube using Add data option from key figure assignment.

Please let me know if this helps to solve the issue. If not will be nice if you please explain the process in detail which will help to come back.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

What i noticed is, the history data for certain charecteristics like PH2 and division in the interactive planning are matching with that of info cubes for the perticualr planning area. But there are other charecteristics like sales org, history data is shown in interactive planning for the month of may 2013 but its not shown in the cube. Is this effecting the history data in the ineractive planning for the perticualr planning area.?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes it could be the issues as you have data into planning area but not into cube.

Whenever you are loading the data from /SAPAPO/TSCUBE - Load Data from InfoCube , if we do not have data into cube , we don´t over right the data into planning area.

If possible, I would delete all the historical data from the planning area and reload again from Infocube.

This will help to have consistent picture across both planning area. Also try to check the additional setting tab to find various available options.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

The consumption history data in the cube is showing from 02/2015 to 08/2013(19 months in past), but in the interactive planning for the planning area it is showing from 02/2015 to 03/2012 (36 months past). This means that the data before 08/2013 in the inter active planning is not getting overwrite?

How do we delete the history data from the planning area/ interactive planning?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You have 2 options, if you authorization on production system, you can change the priority of key figure to input/output in the planning book design mode to change. This will help you to change the data into history key figure manually.

You can also do the same by adjusting the macro´s slightly and change it back.

I am sure you might having backup cube in which you are storing the data on regular basis.

You can use the same cube , look for the KF which has zero values during this period. In the KF setting you can map this zero KF --> History sales to load zero values in planning area.

Try these options and let us know if it helps

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

We found some new things here.  There is a duplicate request generated while doing the history loads in to the cube from BI system, which is doubling the value in the planning book when the history is load in to the respective planning areas. Now we deleted the duplicate request from the cubes. We execute proc jobs(process chain) to load the history from the cube in to the planning areas in live cache.

So now that we deleted the request from the cubes, the data in the cube is clean, I want to take that data in the cube, put it in the planning areas/Live cache so that the same data is reflected in the planning book in interactive planning. My question is, can i directly run the proc job for history load from cube to live cache or do i need to delete the history from planning area/live cache and load the history?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First of all good to see  things are helping you. 🙂

You require to delete the history for the planning area.

Please make sure you don´t have any data into planning area. If you want you can de-initialize and Initialize the planning area. Execute the LC const check to assure everything is consistent.

Once you have finish all your jobs , please load the data from Cube to Planning areas and validate carefully.

Please do let me know once if it help and fixes your issue.

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

We have decided to change the consumption history value from the palnning book. But the past data is uneditable. To make it editable i went to planning book settings sapapo/sdp8b, in the data view tab i selected input and given the from date i.e 05/2013 . After i select continue iam getting this message Maintain the time for the 'Columns ready for input from' field. And i am unable to move furhter. How can i resolve this.

Thanks & Regards

Pratyush Suri

former_member187488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,
Just try to set the input from date from F4 help instead of inputting data directly.
Best Regards,
Ada

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pratyush

First of all, I think we are moving to another topic then the original one.

We found out the issue of incorrect sales order history and respective solutions how to fix it as a part of thread.

Now we are ending up in another topic which I think should be addressed as another question on SCN. ( this is according to SCN rulebook). I kindly request you to follow it.

In mean time, I think you don´t require to get into sapapo/sdp8b. You can use /SAPAPO/sdp94 from where you can get into design more to change the KF setting.

Thanks

Amol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

Its not another topic, its concerned to the same. We decided to edit consumption history(for the month which is showing double) manually by making the consumption history field editable, which we do in planning book settings. but i was ending up with the error message which i mentioned in the above post. But now i changed it.. History is correct now. Thank you for helping amol.

Answers (0)