Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capturing VISA details in TRIP travel request transaction

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

Greetings.

We are capturing all needed travel details in the TRIP request created in travel management.

There is a requirement to capture any VISA requirement for the particular request also in the same Travel Request Creation process.

Is there any way to include such a request on the screen,. I am aware of the comment section etc, but wanted to check as to how  the VISA requirements for a business travel is captured by SAP.

Any other solution or out of the box idea are also welcome.

Thanks.

Regards,

Rijuraj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP has nothing in standard to capture VISA requests. The question for me would also what to do with this captured data? Should a workflow react on this?

At the end you need a lot of data for such a request, starting with nationality from the traveler etc.

On which front end you like to have this request data entry? (WebDynpro for ABAP or SAP GUI)

Best regards, Sigi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

there is nothing out of the box.

Visa issues have high complexity.

Conditions:

- nationality of traveler

- destination visited

- required visa type: a lot of countries have different visa types, depending of purpose, trip duration and trip frequence. For Turkey, I know at least 5 types: no visa required, tourist visa, business visa, work permit, residence permit...

- ...all of those with strange rules when to apply. My favorite: use of business visa is only OK if 90 days within last half year eq 183 days are not exceeded - at day of LEAVING Turkey going back home. I always wondered what they want to do if they find out that your number of days has been exceeded?

I have built an Inhouse validation recently, against my advice not to do it and rely on travel agency services or similar solutions.

Building it in SAP is not the issue - but who the hack should maintain all these data, and how do you make sure all data is up to date?

What we did was creating a dispatcher view in POWL_ASSISTANT, telling the manager who already has a valid visa, or one about to expire. And we also did the same for medical info and security. We have a lot of background tables for customizing and data. Also workflows are running to 5 different units of company, asking for approval and ensuring up-to-date content.

Also traveler can see in FITE_REQUEST if he requires visa, vaccination, bullet proof vests or whatever to go there, indicating same flags close to country selector.

Recommendation:

you can do this if

- your company/ your customer is willing to spend some 30 -40 days in coding

- the responsible designer is a frequent traveler or from travel industry and knows "all about Visa", for all 220 (nationalities) * 220 (countries to be visited) * x (visa types per country) combinations.

- some unit in the company feels responsible to keep the 48400 + x rules up to date, including reading the news each day and hang around in Visa content websites.

- oh and you need a process to track travelers who requested but not started a trip yet in case of changes. Sample: Last week, various travelers requested a trip to Ukraine, not requiring visa. Today, it was announced that as of tomorrow a new visa is mandatory and people from Mongolia will no longer be allowed to enter the country. (fictitious) As a result, you need to find out who is going there after tomorrow, and who of those has Mongolian nationality.

enjoy...

best, Michael

Anwar20
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you BADI - TRIP_WEB_CHECK with method USER_CHECK_GENERAL_DATA.

& USER_CHECK_EDITOR.

if you dnt get your solution then , you can use below BADI

The Business Add-In TRIP_WEB_CUSTOMIZING defines and implements the interface IF_EX_TRIP_WEB_CUSTOMIZING in the class CL_EX_TRIP_WEB_CUSTOMIZING.

this will surely solve your issue.