cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message while deleting Plant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

While deleting the Plant from the company code[t-code: OX18], getting the message, "For valuation area <Plant code> a valuation grouping code 1000 has been defined"

Delete anyway?

In case i select 'Yes' , the message being prompted is "Please correct the account determination".

Can someone help me understand as to what is the meaning of these messages.

What i am trying to do is delete the plant-XXX from company ABC and attach the same plant to a different company code BCD.

Thanks

Gauravjit.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I normally adopt the practise of reverse engineering i.e I will first delete all assignments done & finally delete the plant. By adopting this methodolgy, I have always found it more easy to handle such situation.

Assignments which I recall now, I am listing them as under:

1. Plant to Shipping Point

2. Plant to combination of Sales Organization & Distribution Channel

3. Plant to Company Code & so on .......................

I am hopeful that no transaction have been posted in the plant you want to change the assignment of company codes. If transaction is done, system will not allow to delete the plant fron Company Code.

Regards,

Rajesh Banka

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rmazzali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to carefully check MM account determination in tcode OBYC.

reward if helpful

Roberto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Before deleting the plant,first you need to delete the assignment of valutaiongroup to plant and then delete the plant for the company code and assign to differnt one. and again assign the valution group.

Reward if this helps.