cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP GRC PC Incorrect "Valid From" Date After Subprocess Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Good day experts and fellow consultants

I am currently faced with an issue whereby I am trying to assign a subprocess to an organisation in the "Year 2015" timeframe and once submitted the subprocess' "Valid From" date is always defaulting to today's date instead of the timeframe's which should be 01.01.2015.

This is quite a problem as it removes the possibility of having consistent Master Data especially with trying to assign Business Rules to Controls and the client won't be happy with the reports.

Please see screenshots below:

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member208207
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello  Gregory,

I also got same issue ,Have you resolved your issue ,if yes, Please advise me how you got resolved.

thanks,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have the same problem with SAP GRC PC 10.1 SP 7.

Any idea of how to solve it?

Thanks in advance,

Regards.

singhsmi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi John,

Check my reply above and let me know. I checked in standard it takes timeframe validity.

Regards,

Smita.

0 Kudos

Hi John,

Kindly implement the note 2076809 to resolve the issue.

Regards,

Amit Saini

0 Kudos

Hi ,

Org units and all other assignments to it are time ( Date ) based ( Dependent), system understands that this is a new organisation change  and effective from today ( system don't allow you to change ) , with my knowledge this is how system designed to behave .

Have a Look at the following note ( which I assume , you are looking for )

1565890 - Should not assign subprocess to orgunit if it's done before .

So you can not assign Subprocess to org unit with old date. Hope I understand your question correctly, Let me know if I understand your requirement wrong.

Thanks & Regards

Uma Shankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Uma

Thank for the prompt reply. I have checked the note and it is similar but not the real issue.

I forgot to specify that the client is on GRC PC 10.1 SP 7. This seems to be a SP7 issue as our home system is GRC PC 10.1 SP 6.

Previously, when assigning a subprocess, the orgunit adopted the "Valid From" date from the subprocess, created under "Business Processes" in the Master Data Launchpad. So, if all my subprocesses were valid from 2014-01-01 in "Business Processes" then in the orgunit the "Valid From" date, after assignment of subprocesses, was still 2014-01-01.

This ensured the consistency in the Master Data referred to in the above note.

Now, it seems, the subprocess "Valid From" date defaults to the date of assignment of the subprocess to the orgunit. I researched the SP 7 notes for GRC PC 10.1 but I may have missed something with regard to this.

If you know of anything further, please let me know. I will post here if I find anything.

Many thanks

singhsmi
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you check the validity of the central control? The reference control validity can only be between that period. I am sure, central control is valid from 16.03.2015.

Regards,

Smita.