cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to save the user entered and populated data in PDF file in Offline adobe forms

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Actually I am working on the offline adobe forms. In one of my requirement, form will be displayed with some populated data and user can enter some data in the PDF after that user will save the PDF in the desktop.

My questions is "How to save the PDF after entering the data in PDF file and if I am saving it as save as its not displaying any populated data".

Please help me and your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ravikiran.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Make sure when you are generating the PDF form and sending the form via email, you are setting the parameter SFPDOCPARAMS- FILLABLE = X . Also try SFPDOCPARAMS- FILLABLE = X using FM

CALL FUNCTION <runtime_FM_for PDF>

EXPORTING

/1BCDWB/DOCPARAMS        = LWA_DOCPARAMS

Also check with Basis consultant if there is any issues with Additional Usage Right. The above parameter is related to usage rights.

Hope it helps

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for reply.

This SFPDOCPARAMS- FILLABLE = X and SFPDOCPARAMS- DYNAMIC= X are  for just  edit the PDF file  and entering data in PDF only but my question is how save the PDF after enter the data in the desktop.

Thanks,

Ravikiran.

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

If there are no Adobe Additional usage right issue then this could also due to missing data mapping. Refer to link below which explains similair issue. Hope it helps. let me know how you go with this issue.

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Actually I am working on offline forms only.I created one RFC Function module from that FM created web service ,configured that web service in SOAMANAGER and integrated to the adobe form with data connection. So I can't  do the binding for the fields.So in this case it possible to save the PDF with user enter data in desktop for updating the data in SAP database using custom report.

Your help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ravikiran,

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Unfortunately I don't have a ADLC designer installed on my PC.

Can you go through following links and revisit your design. You can link a SAP webservice using WSDL . Place a submit button in Adobe form that will call web service and  post data to SAP

Refer to link below

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for your reply.

I gone through the above links.

The PDF will goes to the user after that he will fill the form and click on Submit button.

In this scenario once user click on Submit button we get the mail from the user with a PDF attachment.Here my doubt is the user entered data in that PDF is saved or not?

Thanks,

Ravikiran,

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

So when the user hits Submit then you are calling a web service that generates the PDF and emails it in background.

Try to set SFPDOCPARAMS- FILLABLE = 'F' instead of SFPDOCPARAMS- FILLABLE = 'X'

Also SET the

lwa_outputparams-nodialog = 'X'.
   lwa_outputparams-getpdf = 'X'.

CALL FUNCTION 'FP_JOB_OPEN'
  CHANGING
  ie_outputparams = lwa_outputparams
  EXCEPTIONS
  cancel = 1
  usage_error = 2
  system_error = 3
  internal_error = 4
  OTHERS = 5.

regards

sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Now I am able to save the data in PDF file.

In my form user can add the multiple rows after clicking the Add row button and he can also delete the by clicking on X button left side in screen shot but I am unable to save those user entered rows in the PDF file.

For this scenario means Adding and deleting rows dynamically I written Java script in form level.

PFA for your reference.

Thanks,

Ravikiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Thank you so much for your reply.

Now I am able to save the data in PDF file by passing the SFPDOCPARAMS- FILLABLE = 'F' .

In my form user can add the multiple rows after clicking the Add row button and he can also delete the by clicking on X button left side in screen shot but I am unable to save those user entered rows in the PDF file.

For this scenario means Adding and deleting rows dynamically I written Java script in form level.

Please let me know how to save the user entered rows in the PDF file.

PFA for your reference.

Thanks,

Ravikiran.

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try File->Form Properties->Defaults. Ensure that  "Preserve scripting changes" is set to "Automatically".

Hope it helps.

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for your reply.

I found the "Preserve scripting changes" option in the Form Properties->Run-time not in Defaults.

In the Form Properties->Run-time I selected "Preserve scripting changes to the form when saved" is Automatically but it is not working.

Please let me know is there any option to save the added rows in the PDF file.

Thanks,

Ravi.

diego_santos
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to all conversation, there's an online scenario, for exmaple an SAP Portal, that you require a custom form to save
data within the PDF. So, based on that, the parameter SFPDOCPARAMS- FILLABLE = X and SFPDOCPARAMS- DYNAMIC= X will work.

Enable them in FP runtime, when calling FP_JOB_OPEN or CL_FP_PDF_OBJECT class, depending in your development.

Have that being said, enter the data in the PDF, save the file locally from your Portal. The data should be there.

Regards,
Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Diego,

Actualy I am working on offline adobe forms. In one of my requirement I am able to save the user entered data in the PDF but in the same PDF user can also add multiple rows by clicking on Add row button.

So I am unable to save the user added rows in the PDF. Please let  know how to save the form with added rows and what are parameters need to be pass?

Thanks,

Ravi.

Answers (0)