Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO standard enterprise service

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a standard Purchase order enterprise service which I found on ES WORKPLACE.

As it is mentioned that this standard service is only available from ECC 6 EHP 1....

I have the following questions -

1. In case my ECC version is lesser than this ,,then do i need to upgrade my ECC EHP level . Does My PI system need to be on the same EHP level as ECC here. How do I know the corresponding matching PI EHP level for ECC EHP level

2. Instead of upgrading the EHP level ( which will upgrade other SWC also ) Can I just download the latest version of ESA ECC-SE-605 from

marketplace and import in ECC. Do i need to import the same swc in PI also

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

>>>>> In case my ECC version is lesser than this ,,then do i need to upgrade my ECC EHP level . Does My PI system need to be on the same EHP level as ECC here. How do I know the corresponding matching PI EHP level for ECC EHP level

ECC should be upgraded because this enterprise service related outbound programs and related configuration are only available from those mentioned ECC EHP levels, without these programs you cannot send the data to PI.

>>>>>> Instead of upgrading the EHP level ( which will upgrade other SWC also ) Can I just download the latest version of ESA ECC-SE-605 from

marketplace and import in ECC. Do i need to import the same swc in PI also

You have to update ECC EHP level, you can download from service market place and import the TPZ file into ESR, even you do this you can only view the structure in ESR and SPROXY but outbound programs will be missing in ECC.

How to import SAP content into the PI ESR - Process Integration - SCN Wiki

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

does this mean we always have to upgrade the EHP level of ECC? But this will also upgrade other SWC like SAP HR which I dont want...Is there a way I upgrade only the swc ESA ECC-SE-605  that i want

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

ECC EHP upgrade is independent to ESR content, if you upgrade ECC then ESR content will not update automatically, you can only import software component ECC-SE-605 into ESR after ECC upgrade, This is manual step it is not automatic.These software components also comes with versions (example 605, 606 etc) you can choose which one to use in your interface.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

I was taalking abt the SWC in ECC...EHP upgrade in ecc will also affect other SWC's in ECC

So is there a way I can upgraade only specific swc

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>How do I know the corresponding matching PI EHP level for ECC EHP level.

You don't need to match but for PI, it is a prerequisite that no other system in the system landscape has a higher release than the PI system

Reference :

1043047 - Compatibility of XI/PI in the system landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

The only pre-requisite is that you have the SLD content available to update.You can import the SWCVs from SLD into ESR. The PI version should be independent. The version of the backend systems and the SLD content should be the two relevant parts.

Regards,
Sriram

0 Kudos

>>In case my ECC version is lesser than this ,,then do i need to upgrade my EHP level

-YES.

>>Does My PI system need to be on the same EHP level here.

>> How do I know the corresponding matching PI EHP level for ECC EHP level.

I worked on 7.31 and it supports this. I guess,  PI(7.1, 7.3, 7.4) supports this as it has xisoap adapter.