cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NWBC not launching

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GRC AC 10 gurus I am new to GRC hence this basic question; please forgive my ignorance.

I have started configuration in a new client in GRC system having SP12 on SAP EHP for SAP Netweaver 7.0.

Client copy from 000 was successful with profile SAP_CUST. All necessary system parameters seem to have been set. When I try launching NWBC from SAP GUI,IE windows appears saying 'page cannot be displayed'. Error message tells me to check if server address is valid. Also tried this on chrome browser but same error message appears.

This shouldn't be related to activation of services in SICF in which case the error should be-,service xxx is not active,please activate using SICF'.

Is something wrong with the browser setting or with SAP GUI version. I was trying with SAP logon 7.10.Please help me resolve this issue.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses.While I am still not sure about the exact issue,I tried NWBC on another computer and it worked.Hence configuration on SAP system is fine,something must be wrong with the particular front end system.

Regards

Mukund

alakhnath_singh2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi

most of case update local pc host file with server details under C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc

192.168.244.112 qhanadb@domain.com

Regards

Alakh Nath Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukund,

Have you configured this parameter : icm/host_name_full

Thanks and Regards,

Visu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mukund,

check with Basis team to setup parameters in Golden client. they are

login/accept_sso2_ticket = 1

login/create_sso2_ticket = 2

icm/host_name_full : host name of your server

and also

etc/host file for example : ip address one space and hostname.

EX: 192.168.10.1     www.google.com

Regards,

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Visu,

These 2 parameters are set correctly in the client that I am working in. Also my host file has entry for the server with the IP address. The error is still shown.

I even tried pinging the server from command prompt and got response from the server.

I somehow feel that error might be a frontend browser related issue. Any advise on the recommended browser settings??

Thanks

Mukund

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mukund,

Check whether SSL certificates are imported for the concerned system.

Regards,

Rahul Muni

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukund,

Go thru the Following notes. This might help you.

Regards,

Fazil

former_member185447
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mukund,

Check whether you have assigned the basis roles that are starting with SAP_GRC_*

or trying assigning them which is part of post installation guide.

Regards,

Deepak M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

Thanks for your answer. I have SAP_ALL, believe that covers BASIS access .Also the NWBC roles are assigned. Error still persists.

Please let me know any other remedies.

Thanks

Mukund

0 Kudos

Hi Mukund ,

Please go to transaction code  SMICM , then click on services ( or Shift+F1) , check the below two parameters

1. Service name / Port name for HTTP , port number should not be zero , change it to 8000
  2. Also check for the host name for HTTP , same name should be mapped in host file ( etc/host file)

Also go to RZ11 and check the below two parameters

login/accept_sso2_ticket = 1
login/create_sso2_ticket = 2

If not maintained ask basis team to maintain these two parameters . Please do the above settings , hope this will work or else let us know .

Uma Shankar

SAP GRC Consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Uma,

Thanks for your response.I checked everything and all is set as per your recommendation,there is no deviation.I still get the error.

Kindly advise.

Thanks

Mukund

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mukund,

seems that basic configuration is missing. Can you check if all services are activated? Best to follow the post-installation checklist.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Alessandro,

Thanks for dropping by!I have activated the services default host->sap->public,bc,grc along with the subnodes. NWBC still does not launch.Kindly advise.

Regards

Mukund