cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portfolio item to Sales order object link

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Team,

I have a scenario where i have to link the Portfolio item to Sales order and there was no standard object types available in the the system so i created the Z object type and maintained the configuration as shown in the screenshot. But when I added the object type in the objects links tab in portfolio item and tried to searc the sales order i get the error saying" "search provided no results, choose other search criteria".

Any suggestions will be very helpful.

Thank you,

Lohith

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

francesco_pezzoli
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Lohith,

It looks like you have tried to copy the customizing for standard Project Management object link 0SALESORDER for your new object link in Portfolio Management. I have tested this by doing the same on our test system and could confirm that it does work it if is done properly. You will however need to take care of some things:

1) ensure to copy/maintain not just the entries per your screenshot, but also those in all customizing subnodes ("Name of Class in SAP System per Object Type", "Table/View in SAP System per Object Type and Meth." and all others for which entries exist in the customizing for object link 0SALESORDER)

2) additionally you must maintain field "Identification" in the customizing for th eobject link type. If this is left blank in the Portfolio Management object link, a dump will occur when you try to link the object. In this scenario the value of "Identification" should be OLR3_TS_VBAK_EXT_ID

3) in my test, it was not necessary to maintain anything in field "Log. System" (it should not actually make a difference it it is maintained correctly, but you can try leaving this blank and seeing if the system behaviour improves). Also ensure that the customizing under node "Settings for Integration Processes" is consistent (also here it should suffice to maintain the Destination).

If you still have issues, please do try to debug the class/method suggested by my colleague Judith.

Best regards
Francesco

judith_gabriel
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Lohith,

are PPM and ERP (Sales order) on the same system because you have maintained the destination with NONE.

Set a breakpoint in:
PPM-system: CL_DPR_OL3_METHODS, method SEARCH_OBJECTS at

* Generic RFC into target system

CALL FUNCTION 'OLR3_RFC_SEARCH_OBJECTS'

DESTINATION ls_obtype-destination

EXPORTING

Also set a breakpoint at the search statement in FM OLR3_RFC_SEARCH_OBJECTS in ERP-system and check the result.

best regards,
Judith