Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal role not getting provisioned via Business role in GRC 10.1

former_member218247
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Team

In our landsacpe we are using concept of Business role assignment to users.

We have created business role and mapped it to Technical role and the technical role is maped to Portal role via Role mapping .

Whenever the user request access for Business role ,the composite  technical role mapped to it gets assigned to user in ABAP system  but nothing happens for Portal role.Please advice here.

I have tried to raise a request for portal role sepreately and its working fine so not sure what i the issue with Business role.

Business Role:TESTBUROLE

Composite Role: MYACCESS

Appreciate your inputs here.

Thanks

Nitesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

Can you see the mapped roles getting included in your requests?

May be share us audit log of one of your requests so that it will be easy to understand and assist you.

Regards,

Madhu.

former_member218247
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu

I tested this again but saw a strange thing foe which i dont have any reason.Please advice if you have see this before

1st Scenario: I created a business role and mapped a composite role to it.Secondly,i mapped the composite role with single roles under ROLE tab and portal roles under ROLE MAPPING tab. RESULT: ABAP Composite role is getting assigned to ABAP System but no logs for portal assignment(I dont see portal roles getting included under requests)

2nd Scenario: I created a  business role and mapped a composite role and Portal role under ROLE tab to it.Secondly,i mapped the composite role with single roles under ROLE tab.RESULT: ABAP Composite role is getting assigned to ABAP System and portal role to user on EP.(I dont see portal roles getting included under requests ONLY Business role shown under request)

Please let me know if there was some steps missing in 1st scenario.

Thanks

Nitesh

madhusap
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitesh,

If any role which you are adding in the request has a mapped role then those mapped roles you can see in the request.

But in your scenario mapped roles are assigned to the roles which are inside the main role added in the request and hence you are not able to see those roles in the request.

I tested a scenario:

Main Role has 2 mapped roles -> One of the Mapped role has another 3 mapped roles.

I added main role to the request and can see Main role mapped roles and One of the Mapped role's mapped roles also being included in the request making it totally 6 roles included in the request.

Your approach is bit different as you have mapped roles assigned to the Composite role which is part of Business role. Let me check this scenario as well

Regards,

MAdhu.