cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrolling-problem in an editable ALV-list

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have built an <b>ALV-list</b> with one of the fields <b>open for input</b>. The user wants to use the arrow to scroll <u>down</u> through the table and update that particular field in every row. I have <b>2</b> questions about this:

- First of all, the cursor moves in a strange way. The first number of rows it stays in the right column, but then, out of the blue, it jumps back and forth to other columns after scrolling.

- Secondly, the field I want to edit is always in Insert-mode. Is there any way I can get it into Overwrite-mode? I cannot use the Tab-key, because of the lead-selection.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Kind regards,

Andre Moniharapon

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Can you Please provide the piece of code for which you are using for editing. So that I can provide the solution.

Warm Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vijay,

Thanks for your reply. I'm not quite sure what you mean bij "the piece of code". The problem is not, that I can't open the field for input. That works fine. The problem is, that when I use the "down-arrow" on my keyboard in the ALV-list, the cursor jumps to another field. I'm hoping that someone knows an attribute or so with which I can put the focus on my input-field and that it stays on my input-field. I hope that you can help me with this. Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,

Andre Moniharapon

PS. We are currently on SP7.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

When you press the Down-Arrow it always go to the next cell in the same column and you can't restrict it to stay in your input-field always even you press the Down-arrow as well.

I am not understanding your problem clearly. Can you Please provde the screen shots or some more information to my email-id: gv.bhaskarudu@tcs.com. So that I can try to provide the solution.

Warm Regards,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

please don't get me wrong, I really appreciate your attempts to help me, but my problem is that when I press the Down-arrow it <u>doesn't</u> always go to the next cell in the <i>same</i> column. It sometimes goes to the next cell in <i>another</i> column. And if I can't force it to stay in the same column in some way, than my problem cannot be solved and I must think of another solution. So, I don't want the cursor to stay in the same field, I want it to go to the next cell in the same column. You got that right. Again, I really appreciate your help, but it looks more and more that there's no solution to my problem.

Kind regards,

Andre