cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversion error possible; ABAP type is more restrictive - Only the EDM type may contain non numerical characters

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

I recently encountered an issue when creating a gateway service which I wanted to share with everyone.

1.Create a data model from SEGW by importing DDIC structure(Custom) which has only one field with data type NUMC 10 as shown below.After importing service builder thrown an error like "Conversion error possible; ABAP type is more restrictive - Only the EDM type may contain non numerical characters".

2.I don't want to change the structure elements to fix the above issue since i wanted to import many standard structures whose Data types cannot be modified every-time.

3.To avoid this i followed below steps and by luck error is not thrown.(Go to Properties and removed the structure name )

I was able to fix but couldn't understand what really made the difference.

Experts could you please advise ? Please correct me if i went wrong anywhere.

Note :

Gateway SP level :

SAP_GWFND7400007SAPK-74007INSAPGWFND SAP Gateway Foundation 7.40

Regards

Prabaharan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor

Prabaharan, Did you already look at this?

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna,

I tried as you suggested in the thread but it didnt work for me. I get errors like below.

When i map to Decimal :

When i map to Integer 16 :

When i map to Integer 32 :

When i map to Integer 64 :

When i map to String :

Regards
Prabaharan

former_member184739
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could anyone please help on the above issue ? Is this Service Builder tool bug ?

Regards

Prabaharan Asokan

kammaje_cis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Bottomline is that there is no exact mapping to NUMC in OData.

Even though it appears as error, you will be able to generate the runtime artefacts. Check that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try editing ABAP Type Editor .

Change the mode from Explicit assignment to Determination By Runtime Object Generator.

Now change the Precision (from Properties) to 11 instead of 10.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member574439
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I tried changing the Facet Precision from 7 to 0 without changing the mode in my case as said in the KBA and then also it resolved the issue.

May i know the impact of this Precision being made to 0 for the Edm.DateTime and Edm.DateTimeOffset?

Thanks,

Taarika

grabz
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

If anyone else would face similar issue, then I suggest to proceed with this KBA:
2819936 - Check Project Consistency button in SEGW results in numerous warnings and/or error messages