Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Core and Aggregated data types

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I went through multiple sdn and sap help links on core and aggregated DT  like below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/b8/870116599c48a4aa2bb15b7a9967da/content.htm?frameset=...

When I create a custom DT and select the type as "Core data type " and select the representation term as "Amount" , It adds countryCode as attribute where i need to provide name and namespace...What should i provide here?

I think Aggregated Dt is like address and coreDT is like Postal Code inside address and these are standard fields / DT which we can be leveraged in a custom DT ? What is the use of creating a complete custom  DT as core DT  ?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

When I create a custom DT and select the type as "Core data type " and select the representation term as "Amount" , It adds countryCode as attribute where i need to provide name and namespace...What should i provide here?

You need to refer another core data type in currencyCode attribute, name is name of the core data type and namespace is where this core data type you defined.

You can see the example below:

What is the use of creating a complete custom  DT as core DT  ?

You cannot create complete data type using core data type, SAP core data type is the extension for built-in XSD types, these core data types you can use it when you built the aggregated data types.

You can find more info on below document.

Regards,

Praveen.

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

But what is the use ? As when i create my DT say DT_amount as core DT and put the representation term as "Amount" it does not allow me to add additional fields...

I thought all the core / aggregated DT are like standard template that give u some of the fields with standard xsd type and u can extend them by adding your own fields..Is this not true?

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

SAP Core data types is for extension for built in XSD types, you can refer these core data types when you built the aggregated data types. For single fields you create core data types (It will give you re usability because you can refer these core data types in multiple aggregated data types) for complex structures like address you can create aggregated data types. If you create everything in a single data type if the same field you use it in multiple data types you cannot reuse it.

You can extend the SAP standard aggregated data types by creating data type enhancement but you cannot create data type enhancements for SAP core data types.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c0bb5687-00b2-2a10-ed8f-c9af69942...

You can refer below document for how to create core data types and aggregated data types.

I hope it is clear now.

Kind Regards,

Praveen.

Muniyappan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
But what is the use ? As when i create my DT say DT_amount as core DT and put the representation term as "Amount" it does not allow me to add additional fields...

as praveen said, if you want additional fields then that is Aggregated data type not core data type.

i.e

Address(agregated)

-street (core)

-city (core)

-state (core)

-country(core)

Answers (0)