cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sending sms through sap pi 7.3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I have to develop an interface in SAP PI7.3. The scenario is synchronous. One consumer id will be given as input from customer care centre, PI will process that and will fetch data regarding that consumer id from database and will play in customer care centre. After playing the details in CCC, the registered mobile no. with sms text (registered mobile no. will also be fetched along with other consumer details) will be sent to some other destination i.e. not in CCC.

Please suggest ASAP how to send the mobile no. and sms part to the destination for both cases when i have a sms gateway and when i don't have a sms gateway.

Thanks.....

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ashmita,

My few cents,

Following

Also you can do it in one secenario:

1. First option. SOAP to Mail with JDBC lookup

2. Second option. Using Async/Sync bridge in one SOAP - JDBC - MAIL scenario. Check this William Li's documentation or this document http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80f96dbf-adca-3010-ffb5-daf2d1f0e...

Also, you can ask if the mobile provider has yet a webservice in its infrastructure to work with sms and you can do it even an easier scenario.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes.. I Agree with Inaki...

Regards,

Naveen    

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Inaki,

1. For your first Option, JDBC Lookup will fetch the data and keeps it in mapping level only, can not be sent response to the soap adapter back(sender). Then how Sender will get the information regarding the customer information.

2. If a call ends in 20 or 30 mins, process will be blocked for this interface till that time.

3. There are other scenario's may also occur like if a customer disconnects the call in between , then there might be different ack may trigger from SOAP Sender., if is successful, then they will send different message.

Lookup's are useful only during the call processing and not at the end of call.

Regards,

Nagesh

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi NageswaraRao,

May be i understand wrong Ashmita's scenario, i understood the scenario will send and SMS in async (sync is the JDBC connection only) mode and not response is necessary, therefore the delay produced to use JDBC lookup could be insignificant in the main purpose. The JDBC lookup obviously is necessary to take into account some premises like to have a quicker SELECT but this does not mean that will be always a bad option ti choose this lookup, it depends about the scenario.

You are right about if the JDBC connection is not available and then the sms will not produced. In this case the mapping could raise an exception to do the async message fails, and later with alert monitoring and/or to do job to reschedule the error messages, resend the async messages in this state.

Regards.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashmita,

Yes, This can be possible using PI. but I need more information on your scenario like at which stage of your scenario want send SMS to Mobile Number. i.e before fetching data of consumer id or  during the process of communication with the user, or after end of the call as an acknowledgement you need to send an sms. Tell us your complete requirement.

Regarding sending SMS, it is possible through our SAP PI/PO Mail adapter. but you need mobile carrier details(like Airtel, Idea, Vodafone etc) along with mobile number. Some carrier's will not allow inbound messages through mail. but some carriers will allow. so you need to check with mobile carrier whether they allow this sort messages or not.

For example in India, airtel karnataka gives the mailid as [ mobilenumber@airtelkk.com ].

Regards,

Nagesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I need the acknowledgement at the end of the call.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ashmita,

In that case you need 2 interface Scenario's,

Scenario One for Source To Target (in your case it might be SOAP-->JDBC Syncronous scenario),  So once you send consumer id through soap it will go and fetch the data from Database and gives the response back to SOAP).

Scenario Two is (Async)

End the end of call, when Customer Care executes presses end. Then another SOAP request will get triggered and it will  creates a ack number either through web or PI and passes this info to the Mobile number through Standard mail adapter.(SOAP-->MAIL)

Regards,

Nagesh