cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integration ANSI.X12 File with XI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to integrate EDI-Messages (ANSI.X12) in XI and saw the blog "SAP XI Supports EDI X12" (/people/bla.suranyi/blog/2006/09/29/conversion-agent--handling-edi-termination-characters) where a simple solution is described using SAP Conversion Agent. I haven't installed this application yet and wanted to know your experience with using the conversion agent (Installation and Usage experience). Especially I would like to know if the described library of EDI X12 Meta data is really available after the installation of the Conversion Agent.

Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Best Regards.

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well one thing i can vouch for with my experience in using Conversion agent is that it really is a powerful tool ... but the only catch (as it had to be is) the cost involved. The tool is free for use in Dev and QA sys but not in Production .. and yes it costs you a fortune

Ref:

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/03/21/conversion-agent--silence-of-the-repeatinggroup-part-1

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2007/03/21/conversion-agent--silence-of-the-repeatinggroup-part-2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vija,

thanks, I was not aware of this. Can you tell me how much 'a furtune' is, or provide a link where I can see the cost model?

Many thanks.

Alex

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

well i am not sure of this data but this is what i got to know the last time i inquired

Message volume (MB)/month/installation, Price (EUR)

Up to 250: 35000

251 to 1000: 95000

1001 to 2000: 150000

Above 2000: 200000