cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tracking products using barcode in SAP EM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi EM gurus

My client is planning to implement bar code (not RFID) in their warehouse (in SAP WM) and would like to track the products using SAP EM. Can you guide me how an event is triggered in EM when a bar code is scanned either by client or by their business partners (like 3PLs, Carriers etc)? Please guide me the pre-requisites to achieve this.

Thanks

Ravi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Ravi,

Similar to what I posted before - Pretty standard EM functionality but the key is to barcode enable the warehouse management transactions (pick, pack, ship and unload, GR) - To do this you can use either standard ECC WM, eWM or AII integrated with either eWM or ECC WM. Any of them will do it but the standard EM integration is done via ECC in the Delivery object (Pick and Pack for HU) and Goods movement object (PGI). As mentioned before the carrier notifications are not standard and would have to be developed - 214 -> EDI subsystem mapping -> EVMSTA IDoc -> Generate Package EH -> Post 214 event to generated Package EH

Hope that helps.

Kevin

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Please check this discussion recent one

If the client is scan the barcode at warehouse through SAP WM operation, then we have standard extractors available in SAP ECC Goods movement Business Process Types.

Check this link for SAP EM RF profile http://help.sap.com/saphelp_em70/helpdata/en/b5/cd503e50a9054be10000000a114084/content.htm?frameset=....

Regards

GGOPII