SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple independent devices on Single installation with independent monthly rental charges

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

4 Independent single register based devices installed (Tech+ Billing) in a single installation with same time slice. There is only monthly rental charges for each independent meter. No meter reading required and NO consumption charges. I believe we can do this scenario. Can anybody advise for any consequences?

Note: number of devices can change from 2/3/4.

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How are you going to satisfy the meter read orders to make it billable without entering the meter reads? If you do not need any meter read, can't you use any flat rate / time dependent prices? The amount output will be same but you will not be using any settle* variant program. You may use any Lumsum* variant program. If you do not use the devices for entering meter read, do you have any requirement of installing the devices with the utility installation?

Thanks.

Nirmalya

0 Kudos

thx Nimalya.

lately came to know that meter reads are taken but no billing for consumption. Just they need meter rental charges for each device. Each device is maintained with a independent rental rate type and price class to calculate the monthly rental charges which is taken care by 'Settle'variant in rate. flat rate can not be used as it's dependent on meter size (price class).

0 Kudos

So what is the question/issue?  You can bill for a device via settlement/rental, lump sum, consumption, or other ways.  These are all standard scenarios.

regards,

bill.

0 Kudos

Yes, i know that. My Q is 'can multiple (ex:4) independent devices installed in same time slice to a single installation be billed at same time?. I believe- it's yes. can you confirm?

0 Kudos

yes.  that is standard.

0 Kudos

OK-thx.