Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BI App: Unable to connect BOBJ 4.1

0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I'm trying to connect to BI4.1 from IPhone and I'm getting the following error:

Connection parameters as follows:

I can successfully reach Tomcat from safari via http://localhost:8080

I have also checked the BI mobile service is running successfully in the server:

No idea what else I'm missing. Port 6400 is open. I can connect to BOE from desktop dashboards successfully.

I've done hours of research before posting but I could not find any solution for my problem.

As I said, I have configured a system with BW, ECC, BOBJ and Portal where all parties do communicate to each other properly. I only have issues with BI mobile.

Any ideas guys ?

Thanks a lot in advance !!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi - you need to enter your CMS name, not the 6400 port number.

If you don't know your CMS name, please ask your BI admin

Tammy

0 Kudos

Hi Tammy,

Thanks for your reply.

I know my CMS name, in fact, what you see above is CMSNAME:6400 (it is just greyed out for privacy purposes).

Because in a mobile device you would not change the host file to map an IP to a domain, I have to enter the BOBJ server IP in both URL and CMS (my CMS name is just the server IP).

I tried every possible combination. Leaving just the CMS name it self without the port does not work either.

It should work, I can ping the CMS server - port 6400 and the communication works.

Any other ideas ?

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried the CMS name without the 6400?

0 Kudos

Yep, same issue.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check your Connection Type? If it is BI4.1 it should be as shown below in the screen shot:

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ashutosh_rastogi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the Mobile Server and BOE are on the same machine. You can also put in localhost:6400 as CMS value, that might solve the problem.

On windows, the server may not be able to talk to CMS due to missing hosts entry.

Regards,

Ashutosh

0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy and Ashutosh.

I finally managed to connect. The issue is that I thought that CMS name from IPhone would be IP:6400, but because the IP is already entered in the Server URL, the actual CMS name (Localhost:6400) is correctly resolved.

So issue solved after using the CMS name displayed in CMC --> Servers > Core > CMS > Metrics > Server name.