Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database connection level transaction in DI API

rajesh_khater
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to use database connection level transaction in my DI API code, as the SBO transaction capability at company object level is not meeting my needs.

I know that the database transaction can be used in Stored Procedures (own stored procedure or the inbuilt Transaction Notification), but I want to use it in DI API.

The first question is how do I get the database connection object to start a database level transaction, and the second question is whether it will void the SAP warranty.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

maik_delly
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

don't !

That said you can use DI API recordset or command to do "database level" transactions but any direct SQL changes in SBO tables will be against the rules.

What are trying to achieve.

regards,

Maik

rajesh_khater
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maik,

From the Recordset object, how do I start the database level transactions? I checked the methods of the Recordset object and the Command object. How can I get hold of the underlying connection, and start a database level transaction?

I do not intend to use direct SQL. I was just exploring whether I can start a database level transaction and use SDK's business objects to update some document. In my scenario the SDK's transactional capabilities (global transactions) are not serving my purpose.

Thanks.