Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

event interface checkbox in service interface

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

hi all,

i read sap help but could not understand what the event interface checkbox does in a service interface

hema

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You want to select this check box to use within CE BPM 7.2.

• If you are using the ESR of SAP NetWeaver Composition Environment 7.2, select the Event Interface checkbox from the Definition tab page.

Ref: Creating an Event Interface - SAP NetWeaver Developer's Guide - SAP Library

ESR comes both for PI and CE. When opening ESR, you can chose between 'Process Integration' Profile or 'Service Definition' Profile.

More Information:

Regards,

Nabendu.

former_member474221
Participant

Hi

Thanks for the reply..But what is the use of making the service interface "event" based..

I understand that this option is feasible only for outbound async service interface..does this mean i can create a operation say "NoMaterialFound" and sender system can call this operation when no material is found in the sender system???

hema

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Any help on what is the use of making the service interface "event based" ?

former_member182412
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

Check this below link about event based service interface.

Event Enabling for Communication Across Systems in Distributed L - SAP NetWeaver Developer's Guide -...

Regards,

Praveen.

nabendu_sen
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

If you don't want to use PI Service Interface or do not have PI ESR in your landscape, you can use CE ESR to create Enterprise Services. CE ESR Interface needs to be created with Event Interface option checked.

Regards,

Nabendu.

Answers (0)