cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to perform a reverse "Flowed" positioning subform

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus

I need to create an Adobe form with a footer that will be reproduced on each pages.

The size of the footer will be determine by the text that will be put in from a parameter passed to the adobe form.

So, the footer needs to be at the bottom of each pages but because it can contains between 1 to 20 lines, I would like to provide all the content area that will not be used when the footer contains only 1 line.

Example 1: Footer with only 2 lines. Because the footer has only 2 lines we can use 5 lines for the content area. The footer will be at the total end of the page.

Top of page

Content line 1

Content line 2

Content line 3

Content line 4

Content line 5

Footer line 1

Footer line 2

End of page

Example 2: Footer with 4 lines. Because the footer has 4 lines we can only use 3 lines for the content area. The footer will be at the total end of the page.

Top of page

Content line 1

Content line 2

Content line 3

Footer line 1

Footer line 2

Footer line 3

Footer line 4

End of page

If we have a subform for the content and another subform immediately after for the footer, both in flowed, the footer will not be at the end of the page but immediately after the content subform.

So, I need to know how we can have a footer form where this one will always be at the bottom of the page and the high will be flowed from the bottom to the top to give the content area as much room as possible.

Regards

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

SandySingh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

I suggest you to create 4 subforms each having footer text like

subform 1 - Footer line 1

Subform 2 -  Footer line 1, 2

Subform 2 -  Footer line 1, 2,3

Subform 2 -  Footer line 1, 2,3,4

Then use the script in the form to hide the subforms based on flag which will be calculated based on content lines.

Regards

Sandy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandy

That solution cannot work on a footer that has to be printed on all pages.

Those footer subforms have to be created at the Design View level and not at the Master page.

Doing so, the footers will be printed at the last page only.

If we are creating the subforms at the Master page, the content area will not adjust himself to the active footer subform.

Maybe  I misunderstand how to have a footer to all pages at all time.

If I can create the footer subforms at the Design View and have it printed on all pages that would solve my problem.

Can we create a footer subform at the Design View and have it printed on all pages even if the above subform is a "flowed to to bottom" subform?

Regards

Daniel