cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to start BODS Job Server after password reset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

After resetting repository user password at Oracle side, we are unable to start one of the BODS job Servers.

Steps we have followed as below:

1. Stopped RFC Servers using TRANS and BATCH scripts

2. Stopped all Job Servers

3. Made sure there is no orphan process

4. Changed repository password at Oracle side

5. Update the repository password in svrcf script and restart job service

6. Re-Sync the repository to accept the changess

7. Now we are trying to start the job servers,

We have noticed that DS job server becomes defunct after a while, and one of the 2 access server isn't working fine.

Environment Details:

- Server OS: SuSE Linux v 10.3

- BODS Product Version: SAP BODS 4.2 SP5

- BO Product Version: SAP BI 4.0 SP4

- All Repository Database: Orcle 11g

- Application Server: Tomcat 7

DS Job Server Trace:

03-06-15 04:25:13 (24372:1775781664) JSERVICE: Polling the JobServer(s) ..

03-06-15 04:25:13 (24372:1775781664) JSERVICE: Polling the AccessServer(s) ..

03-06-15 04:25:13 (24372:1775781664) JSERVICE: Sleeping for 30sec

Errorlogs:

R) (27219:3393705760) CON-120404: Initialization OCI call <OCISessionBegin> for connection <BODSQ> failed: <ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied>. (14.2) 04-04-14 15:03:25 (E) (27219:3393705760) CON-120404: Initialization OCI call <OCISessionBegin> for connection <BODSQ> failed: <*****>. This message contains some internal system details which have been hidden for security. If you need to see the full contents of the original message, ask your administrator to assign additional privileges to your account.

I have attached error logs in the attachment.

P.S.: Using updated password of repository user, we are able to login successfully in SQLPlus connecting to Oracle.

Please suggest if I am missing something and other possibilities.

Many Thanks!

Regards,

Mahesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198401
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Not sure if the below thread is related to this issue but you can try

http://scn.sap.com/thread/3579798

Regards

Arun Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun. because of security setup in CMC, application is unable to write the required info in the errorlog files. In order to capture actual error, we need to grant ¨View Internal information in the log¨ in CMC >> Applications >> Data Services Application.

I am going to try this above and will see if it reconds any different errors. 

Thanks for your help!

- Mahesh

former_member187605
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's not that the info is not in the logs, you don't have the privileges to read it out. The way to get to the underlying error messages is described in  .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dirk for correcting me!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Please share the below details.

• Oracle password is changed only for repository or source & target database also.
  • Have you updated the new Password details in Repository level, If not please update new password at repository level where your all repository is mapped (In Central management Console)

Please refer the KBA for your reference.

1862021 - Error: Initialization OCI call <OCISessionBegin> for connection <Repo_name> failed: <ORA-21561: OID generation failed> - SAP Data Services 4.0

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/1862021

Hope this will help !!

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Daya for replying!

We didn´t change password for source & destination. Only repository password at Oracle side was being changed.

Post password change at DB level, we made sure that we are able to login in Oracle SQLPlus using updated password for the repository user.

Next, we updated the same password at DS repository in CMC. Test Connection is always successful. Also updated at unix level using svrcfg script. Still we are unable to start the job server.

Log shows incoorect password errors. I am not sure if I am missing anything!

- Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try creating another job server with the same user id and pwd to the same repo. See that works.

DayaJha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

Issue is related to Job Server, When you are udating details related to local repository is not reflecting to metadata of local repository.

Better in my suggestion to create a new Job Server and mapped that Job Server to Access Server.

After doing that activity test the real time Job & batch Job with Sample data, For that please replicate the Job and change the source xml & Target Xml location.

Hope this helps !!

Thanks,

Daya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thansk Daya,

We can try to créate new Job server and probably it may work. I will try and will update you.

Regards,

Mahesh