cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can we create data aging components from scratch?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Data Aging has been recently introduced into the NetWeaver layer (see Data Aging - SAP Library for details). From what I can gather from the available information, data aging allows you to specify database partitioning rules based around data aging objects. These are application-specific objects delivered by SAP, and at present there's only a very limited set available: for the application log, IDOCs and the GL in Smart Financials.

I'm working with a utilities customer that wants to investigate data aging techniques so I was wondering if it's possible to create your own data aging objects and then use the delivered function modules, etc., to implement a custom data aging solution for an application area (e.g., ISU) that isn't covered by what's already been delivered.

If anyone knows anything about that this, I'd really appreciate some pointers.

Thanks,

Kevin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

wojciech_lukowski
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can create custom data aging objects or even extend standard objects with enhancement objects (special type). You can find more information on this topic in the recently released e-bite https://www.sap-press.com/data-aging-for-sap-business-suite-on-sap-hana_4041/

Best regards,

Wojciech

ACE-SAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kervin,

Interesting new functions, but the lake of info is complete... maybe because this is not really operational. I was just able to find few OSS note you should already be aware of...

Online help states that only 3 objects are available (Available Data Aging Objects - Data Aging - SAP Library)

• Application Log
  • Idoc
  • G/L Accounting (FI-GL) in Smart Financials 1.0

Keep the thread updated if you are able to catch some info.

Best regards

1909418 - Data Aging for Basis Application Log

2119473 - Data aging SDL: Business transactions (preparation)

This function is not yet released. The majority of the classes or programs that are delivered are therefore intentionally not functional.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yves,

Thanks for the reply. I think you're right - this functionality is very new, and not really operational yet. I haven't been able to find any other sources of information on it other than the SAP Help and the notes you've mentioned.

Cheers,

Kevin