Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Add/Modify members in Dimension

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am facing a problem in editing the dimension. I have a Account dimension (ACCOUNT_C)

The member of account dimension looks like this

I want to change the rate type of account id :1010 to AVG from CLO. But when i am doing such changes i am neither able to save the changes nor able to process the dimension.

save and process button is also disabled.

I have also tried executing "UJA_REFRESH_DIM_CACHE" program but this doesn't solve the issue.

I am even not able to add new member in this dimension.

We are currently using

Appreciate your input.

Regards,

Rahul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to note 2068917. It seems to apply to your case.

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Panagiotis,

I have applied the note you said and it is working fine.

Regards,

Rahul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul,

Can you try to add a new members instead of changing property? This help narrow down if process dimension failed because of common issue, not specific to something like, property is linked to other configuration things.

Best regards,

Charlie

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

I have tried adding new members but it is not working in my case.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

There should be a common issue. Can you check if your BPC service user is correctly configured and if sap_service_role is assigned. See below.

http://scn.sap.com/community/epm/planning-and-consolidation-for-netweaver/blog/2015/02/16/how-to-kno...

Regards,

Charlie

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Charlie,

I have checked that BPC service user is properly configured and sap_service_role is properly assigned.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

Rahul, is there any data checker error?

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Data Checker error as in ?

former_member182709
Contributor
0 Kudos

I mean the data checker error by running program UJA_DATA_CHECKER from t-code SE38.

Best regards,

Charlie

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

After typing , press enter of just click on next cell.

Shrikant

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

I had already tried the way you are saying but the issue remain as it is.

Regards,

Rahul

Shrikant_Jadhav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

For time being change the rate type, account type  of that account and check.

OR

Can you try it in another dimension or by creating new dimension?

Shrikant

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrikant,

I have tried modifying rate type/account type for existing members.But after changing the properties, I am not able to save the changes as SAVE & PROCESS button is disabled.

I have tried creating a copy of existing account dimension (ACCOUNT_C_1) and executed UJA__REFRESH_DIM_CACHE for that newly created account dimension and it works properly. So I followed the same process again for my account dimension (ACCOUNT_C), but there was no change in my account dimension.

I have done another check. I have created a new id which have all Admin rights and logged in from that new id. Account dimension is working properly as expected i.e. I can change any property or add new members and was able to save changes. But when i login from my ID (which have same admin rights which i assigned to new id), I am not able to change anything in account dimension.

So to conclude, I think it is user id specific issue. But I am not able to understand my ID and newly created ID have same Admin rights and even then i am facing this issue.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Can you try comparing SLG1 when you try it with one ID and another? SLG1 usually records what profiles BPC checks and if it was successful or not. Maybe this way you can find the difference.

Regards,

Gersh

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gresh,

As suggested by you, I have checked logs in SLG1 for 2 IDs:

log for main id (CONSLT_BPC)

Log of Second id (EMBPCUSR15)

I only got one difference i.e. MASTER DATA UPDATE which was not there in main ID. I am still not able to conclude on this.

I am getting this issue only when I am updating Account Dimension. Rest all dimension are working properly with main ID.

Appreciate your inputs on this.

Regards,

Rahul

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Can you please expand those 2 lines and post them here?

Thanks,

Gersh

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Main ID

Other ID

Regards,

Rahul

former_member200327
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

When I said "those 2 lines" I meant lines from your 2nd SLG1 screen print. Can you click on black triangles for lines time stamped 15.03.2015 12:11:43 and 12:11:44. It will open details for those lines. Can you screen print those details?

I hope this one is clear.

Regards,

Gersh

former_member225135
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Regards,

Rahul