cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQL Server 2012 SP2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Has any one applied SP2 on SQL Server 2012. Have you found it stable. I did not see notes or issues being discussed around this so just checking with you guys. Thank you.

Regards

Kalyan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

Yes, I am running several systems on SQL 2012 SP2. It works just fine. More specifically, I'm using Cumulative Update 3 for SP2.

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt for your feedback. We are on NW 7.40 SP6 Kernel 741 PL 26 for Netweaver systems and EHP7 SP4 for ECC. 

I see CU4 on SP2 is released sometime back. Do you still reckon CU3. I ask this because, Microsoft site has a warning stating its not tested fully so wondering if its best to go with CU3. Your comments please.

Regards

Kalyan

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

CU3 is what I installed because it was the latest available at the time. CU4 should be just fine. SAP's official support policy for SQL Server is that they always support the latest Service Pack and Cumulative Update released by Microsoft (there is a team of SAP engineers co-located with Microsoft in Redmond and they would have something to say if a CU introduced problems for SAP during testing). This policy is outlined in Note 62988 (Service Packs for MS SQL Server).

So, I would go with the latest available SP and CU.

Also look at Note 1651862 (Release planning for Microsoft SQL Server 2012) for minimum Basis SP levels, etc.

I also wrote a blog about my recommendations for SQL Server at and .

--Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matt. The note 1651862 is actually missing the minimum SP level recommended for Netweaver 7.4. I logged a call with SAP and they said its supported although they did not state minimum support package level. I think from the looks of it, lower SP levels are supported but i should confirm with SAP shortly. Thanks again for your guidance on this.

Regards

Kalyan

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's true about the Note missing the NW 7.4 information. However, if you look at Note 1850327 (SP Equivalence for update/upgrade to SAP NW 7.4) you will see that SPS 7 for NW 7.3 EhP1 is equivalent to SPS2 for NW 7.4, etc. From this, you can infer that pretty much anything lower than SPS 5 of NW 7.3 EhP1 is already included in base NW 7.4 (SPS 0). That would imply that NW 7.4 has no minimum SPS level for SQL 2012.