cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Monitoring Resource of SAP HANA with SAP HANA Studio

Former Member

Hi Community,

I have a single host SAP HANA and I'm trying understand resource consumption (CPU,Memory,etc...) I'm using SAP HANA Studio and I can see in Administration ---> Performance ---> Load the Graphic of different resources. I want know in what system tables is stored this information.

Thanks.

Cristian Lopez

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member

Up to SPS 08 this information is only available via trace file nameserver_history.trc. Starting with SPS 09 you can also find the information in M_LOAD_HISTORY_HOST and M_LOAD_HISTORY_SERVICE. You may use SQL: "HANA_LoadHistory_Hosts_Rev90+" and SQL: "HANA_LoadHistory_Services_Rev90+" from SAP Note 1969700 to evaluate this information flexibly via SQL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Martin

Thanks for your information, I have SAP HANA SPS08 and I'm consulting the system table HOST_RESOURCE_UTILIZATION_STATISTICS in the column TOTAL_CPU_USER_TIME_DELTA. If I do  a graphic with this information the percent of CPU use is 50% but in the graphic of Administration ---> Performance ---> Load  the consumption is 100%. Aditionally I review operating system and the percent of CPU use is 20%.

Questions:

1. Is appropriate  this table for identify the CPU consumption.?
  2. Why exist the mentioned differences?

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. I typically use SQL: "HANA_Resources_CPUAndMemory_History" (SAP Note 1969700) which is also based on HOST_RESOURCE_UTILIZATION_STATISTICS and so far has provided me with reasonable, consistent CPU information. Can you check if it also works for you? Be aware that you can adjust the "Modification section" of this command, e.g. if you want to have a different aggregation or time granularity.

2. The load graph / nameserver history is a kind of left-over from TREX times while the other histories are developed for SAP HANA.

Answers (0)