cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing Single Sign-On 2.0 based x.509 using SAP Netweaver 7.4

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I need implement in a customer the SAP NetWeaver Single Sign-On 2.0 using X.509 Certificate and NetWeaver 7.4. Here in SCN there are five videos about this subject, but to SSO version 1.0 and old NetWeaver. (SAP ECC and HCM)

Someone can help me with documentation, comments or even videos?

Thanks a lot to everybody.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The videos still apply.  When I started my implementation we installed 1.0.  However, before go live we implemented 2.0.  The main differences was the addition of new functionality.  This configuration is not that complicated and your environment is most likely simpler than ours.  We actually had an existing encryption product in place and needed to support multiple encryption packages from the same environment at the same time.  2.0 provides functionality for this starting with SP4 but 1.0 does not.  The documentation is also useful.

Jozsó
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Paulo,

You wish the users -possessing an X.509 certificate- to be automatically authenticated when accessing a 7.4 NetWeaver system. Is that correct?

If not please describe the scenario in detail.

Kind regards,

Jozsef

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jozsef,

Actually I'm just using the SAP Netweaver 7.4 with the SSO 2.0 add-on installed for issuing the X.509 certificate.

Users will authenticate in ECC, HCM backend environments and Enterprise Portal using digital certificate.

Thanks until the moment.