cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC to ECC Synchronous Scenario, what should be the best design

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario, in where I have to pull the data from JDBC and create an IDoc and post it to ECC. Once the IDoc is created, I have to update the same table in the JDBC with IDoc`s posted date and time.

I think the easy method is to go for BPM, however thinking to avoid it and looking for possible alternative solutions like Maybe go for JDBC to IDoc Asynchronous and in the IDoc posting use user exit to call an ABAP proxy to trigger the response with the required fields to PI.

I want your suggestions on it please.

Thanks,

Akhila

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Akhila

BPM is not really necessary for this. Using two async scenarios (JDBC to IDoc, and proxy to JDBC) as mentioned in your approach is fine.

This was a common scenario in one organization I was at before. Instead of using an exit in the IDoc posting step, the posting details was logged into a custom table. There was a periodic background job that queries the custom table and triggers an outbound interface back to PI, which is routed to a JDBC receiver with the posting details.

Either approach is fine and it really depends if there are any preference in your organization on usage of custom table or user exit.

Rgds

Eng Swee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eng Swee,

Thank you for your suggestion.

Will check in my organization about the approach they want to take it.

Regards,

Akhila

engswee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are welcome. Once you have confirmed on the approach and you no longer have any queries related to this, please do close this thread.

Answers (0)