Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS adapter to consume SOAP web services

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I understand that WS adapter allows direct connection between sender and receiver system ..however my question is..

1. Why can't SOAP adapter suppport direct connection

2. can I call SOAP webservices using WS adapter like I do with receiver SOAP adapter

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hema,

AFAIK:

1. Why can't SOAP adapter support direct connection

Direct connection is thought between SAP systems to avoid performance problems. I think SAP doesn't want to offer direct connection in SOAP adapter because you lose one of the main characteristics of a middleware, like the control and monitoring centralized in PI machine,  if you skip it

2. can I call SOAP webservices using WS adapter like I do with receiver SOAP adapter

I think you will have a lot of problems because WS adapter works with WS-RM protocol and this is a subset of the SOAP protocol.

Check an example here: http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/304335f7-f33c-2a10-ae80-9c9ffdc86...

SAP help documentation: Communication Channel (Adapter Type WS) - Integration Directory - SAP Library

Regards

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hema

Check this

Thanks,

Indrajit

former_member474221
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Can you please provide your views on this?

hema

0 Kudos

WS is async.

>> 2. can I call SOAP webservices using WS adapter like I do with receiver SOAP adapter

I think its possible, but i should be async.

reg, avinash M