cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Event handler status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing a peculiar problem. We have multiple statuses for the event handler and being updated via the EE monitor activity.

Why are the multiple statuses being updated in a hierarchy as shown in the picture ?

We would like them to be individual statuses.

Thanks,

Deb

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kevin_wilson2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Deb,

It is always a slippery slope that you travel if you merge 2 relevant but distinct pieces of information in the same field (or in this case a status attribute).

I have done several of these scenarios and the cleanest way is to split it up to distinct status attributes.

E.g. You should consider the following status attributes and their corresponding values:

1. Overall Shipment / Container Schedule Status (Based on final ETA to customer)
    1. On-Time
    2. Early
    3. Late
  2. Booking Status (Based on Appointment and Pickup)
    1. On-Time
    2. Early
    3. Late

In addition you may consider another status attribute to give you the last status of your shipment - E.g. Pickup, Departure, Loaded, Arrived at 1st Port, Delivered

With these status values in place you can find any shipment that is currently scheduled to be delivered late and the appointment is late. You can also find shipments that are currently showing on-time but no appointment has been made. Very flexible. Hope that helps.

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deb,

this is not the hierarchy but the the history of the status. The last/actual status is PUAPOVERDUE.

What exactly do you want to achieve?

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Yes, realized that when I saw the status history table. Status table has the latest only.

So basically, the requirement is like we want to filter the event handler based on various status.

As shown in picture, we want to have all these statuses.

Currently I have only one status attribute with multiple values. If I define multiple status attributes, I should be able to achieve this right ?

But when I do that, in the web portal, it has to be multiple input fields instead of one input field with drop down for values.

I am not sure if I am clear !!

Thanks,

Deb

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Deb,

do you only want to filter different EH for given status values or can one EH have dfferent status values?

First one is possbile in the UI with select option query.

Second one you would need different Status Attribute Profile Items. Maybe a Pick-Up Status and Container status if i look at your screenshot above.

Best regards,

Steffe

former_member186607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to search for event handlers by selecting multiple status values for one status attribute, you have to change the "Input Format" for the selection profile item to 'Multiple Input':

This will look then like this on the search tab:

Instead of the drop-down you get an item list box, which allows to select multiple values.

Best regards, Daniel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

Requirement:

Lets say we have two events overdue: Pick up and Vessel Departure for event handler XXX

If I filter on Vessel departure, I want to see the event handler XXX in the search result.

If I filter on Pick Up, I want to see the same event handler XXX in the search result.

Problem:

The problem is, because these are status values for the same status attribute, vessel departure is the latest status of the event handler and Pick Up is the history now.

Thus, if I filter on Pick Up, event handler XXX will not show up

Solution:

I was thinking if I can implement badi to take the status history also into considerations?

Thanks,

Deb

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

the i would not use Status as this would lead to wrong results as it is only history. The event could be already reported.

Couldn't you just search for Event Status = Overdue (it is available as Configured field) and your possible event codes like Pick-Up, Vessel Departure.

i.e. select all Event Handler that have an Event Status = Overdue and Event Code Pick Up or Vessel Departure ....................

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Something similar is doing transaction /SAPTRX/EE_OVD_LIST - Expected Event Overdue List in the backend.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

You have to add separate columns in the WebUI to show the status to achieve what you want through configuration.

1. Configure new fields for different statuses for Pickup, Departure etc in Configure Fields for User Profiles -> Configure Fields for Display

2. Assign newly created fields in User Profile -> Display Profile

2. Create different statuses for Pickup, Departure etc and assign overdue icons in Define Status Attributes

3. Assign those statuses to Status profile which you have assigned to event handler in Define Status Attribute Profiles

4. Overdue Monitor activity - Set the Status_set of Pickup, Departure to make overdue icon in Define Activities for the Expected Event Monitor

5. Execute the report and check the Transportation status multiple selection shows your overdue of Pickup, Departure etc in the report.

6. You can see Pickup, Departure columns as overdue.

Please check and let me know.

Regards

GGOPII