cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Work Manager 6.X - Updating equipment characteristics from field

Former Member
0 Kudos

Equipment and Functional location classification is widely used in the industry and significant number of equipment attributes are maintained in the characteristics.

Work Manager 6.2 permit edit / creation of equipment / functional location from the field but does not allow to update class and characteristics attached to equipment / functional location. Also equipment search is not available using equipment classification.

Are these functionalists are planned in next release of Work Manager? I am very keen to know if some one has  tried updating equipment characteristics from the current version of work manager?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We enhanced 6.2 to be able to update the characteristics of a FLOC/EQUIP. It's not complex per say but except the part where you need to deal with different characteristic type: Sting, Numeric, Multi-Selection...

In your design, you need to consider if you need to updated the FLOC/EQUIP parent characteristics as well since they are part of the list.  So this is something you need to validate with the business.

Also, you need to consider a note that fixes the characteristics download to the app since the 6.2 is bugging in the process.

Note that WM 6.3 (Planned Q4 2015) will include this feature OOB.

I hope this help.

Cheers,

Fouad

Former Member
0 Kudos

I did such enhancement on Work Manager 62. It works fine, however

It seems easy at first, but I found we have to consider all the occasions like multi-value characteristics, value validation, value dependencies, data types etc.  

paolo_boni
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

please could you explain how do you enhance the Work Manager 62 application ?

Thanks.

Paolo

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please search before you post.  After your search takes you to the Agentry Landing Page and its documentation on extending applications, you will have some insight and probably more questions.  Then create your own Discussion instead of hijacking someone else's thread.

More on how to get the most out of SCN is in the Rules of Engagement (see Getting Started link at the top right of each page).  There is a lot of other useful content there as well.

Regards, Mike (Moderator)

SAP Technology RIG

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Editing of equipment and functional location class and characteristics is currently on the road map for the next release I believe.   They are working on finalizing the road map currently so this may change.

--Bill