cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Inconsistency between MM and HU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've MM SLoc and HU there. If I tranfer this material by using only batch number (not VLMOVE and HU number), VEPO-VEMNG is not updated so this cause stock inconsistency between HU stocks and MM stocks.

As an example, please find attached screen shots.

1. How to prevent this to occur again?

2. How can I correct these inconsistencies?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Unfortunately those screenshots are not really giving a proof for an inconsistency.

MCHB is of course the batch stock of today, but the VEPO table entry can be a historic entry for deliveries which are already goods issued.

We do not use real HU management, we just pack our deliveries, I have thousands of such entries in the VEPO table

Even without HU management you create trouble if you move the goods away or goods issue goods that are actually allocated to a delivery. You need to customize and activate dynamic availability check to restrict a MM movement to make use of allocated or reserved stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Jurgen,

Thanks for your valueable answer.

To reproduce the scenario that I'm talking about, please follow the steps below. After that you'll understand exactly what I'm talking about.

1. Think that WM is not activated. Just MM and Handling Units.

2. Create a stock in MM SLoc.

3. Pack this stock by using HU02.

4. After that make 311 to another MM SLoc by batch number.

Now check tables MCHB and VEPO. There will be inconsistency. Maybe you'll give different comment than me.

Now If you try to do VLMOVE to transfer HU, you won't be able to find sufficient stock in there.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With a handling unit managed storage location it should not be possible to do a movement without mentioning the handling unit, and any MM movement should create a delivery.

see Handling Unit Management - Handling Unit Management (LO-HU) - SAP Library

I can't test it since I have no HU managed storage location.

I think yours is still HU management without stock information as it is in my system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are right If the HU management is mandatory for SLoc. But If It is not mandatory, you can do any movement with or without HU.