cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMO and SUM in parallel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello, It's possible to execute a SUM with DMO execution for one system (migration to HANA) and classical SUM for another system (upgrade Enterprise portal) in parallel in the same time? Regards.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan, I've tried this option and I can launch SUM for second system but I'm getting a problem in specify credentials phase.

Could be any problem about the first system connected to sapcontrol and the second system trying to verify the credentials?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ruben,

What's the starting kernel on your portal ?

1822055 - Enhanced SAP HA library interface

Cheers,

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Amerjit, Kernel version is 7.20_500 and the library sapNThalib.dll exists.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruben,

Let's just eliminate that it works as it should from the o/s as eppadm.

If you run the following command as eppadm, what do you get ?

sapcontrol -nr NN -function HAGetFailoverConfig

Also run "sapcontrol | more" and post the version details.

eg: sapcontrol (Version: 741, patch 31, changelist 1491862)

Amerjit

Former Member
0 Kudos

After the execution with sidamd I get this message:

Unknown webmethod: HAGetFailoverConfig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruben,

And there we have what I suspected

1. The method isn't supported.

2. sapcontrol is not at the minimum patch level required for this function (see the note I mentioned earlier). for 720 you need at least patch level 417.

Download the latest sapcontrol for your kernel version from SMP and replace your old one. Then repeat the sapcontrol steps I asked you earlier.

Kindest Regards,

Amerjit

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit  ,

This is a duplicate post . Please find the other

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manu,

Thanks *a lot* appreciate the info.

The solution is as shown above.

Amerjit

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amer ,

The issue is not resolved  . I meant rubes posted the query twice  and his kernel is already as suggested by him  is 7.20_500 in the other post

Thought i should alert you as well for you might be continuing on the same lines as in the other post

Cheers,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manu,

His sapcontrol it too old (his screen shot shows 720.401). His kernel is fine but the sapcontrol wasn't updated.

sapcontrol is not at the minimum patch level required for this function (see the note I mentioned earlier). for 720 you need at least patch level 417.

1822055 - Enhanced SAP HA library interface

That's why he has the problem.

Amerjit

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit ,

Please check the other post if you read through my reply you will find that the sapcontrol successfully identifies the function module

You will also get other details

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit, It's possible to replace only the sapcontrol file without change all kernel version and restart the system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ruben,

You can extract the sapcontrol file from a dw* package. You do not have to patch the entire kernel.

Is your other system that you are working on have the same kernel version as your portal.

If the other system that you are working on has a sapcontrol that is also 720 and higher than pl 417 then you could copy it across to your portal system where you have a problem (taking a backup of the original file of course)

What you want moving forward is that at least your sapcontrol (when you run it on the o/s) work fine. Then you can handle the SUM issue (the error it's complaining about is coming from sapcontrol anyway).

Do you follow my approach and the method in what you may consider my madness ?

Amerjit

manumohandas82
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amerjit ,

Believe the issue is not with the sapcontrol as the recommendation is to apply the kernel patch  and not on the patch level of the sapcontrol .

Also Ruben has confirmed he already has the sapNThalib.dll present in the kernel directory

Anyways worth a try 🙂

Hi Ruben ,

As you are using the DMO option of the SUM tool  , can you patch the saphostagent to the latest available

Also can you post your startup profile of your BI system

Thanks ,

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

Indeed the recommendation is to patch the kernel and to be on 417 at least (he says he is on 500).

So being the curious cat that I am, I downloaded SAPEXE_500*.SAR package and checked the delivered sapcontrol. No surprises that the sapcontrol delivered in the SAPEXE_500*.SAR is:

sapcontrol (Version: 720, patch 500, changelist 1442320)

He mentioned in a previous post (with a screen shot) that his sapcontrol was 401. When I asked him to run the sapcontrol statement on the o/s level it confirms that the webmethod being called is unknown.

It looks like that when they patched their kernel the sapcontrol wasn't replaced properly.

So if they take the sapcontrol out of the SAPEXE_500*.SAR package, then this should at least resolve (he says hopefully) the sapcontrol issue that SUM is failing on. For me SUM isn't the problem.

I hope you see the method in what seem my madness 🙂

Respect and Regards,

Amerjit

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruben,

I assume you want both processes to run on the same server?

This is possible - you need to start your 2nd SUM with different port numbers than default.

For Details please have a look to the upgrade guide or to help.sap.com

The command should look like this it guess:

./STARTUP httpport=4238 guiport=4236 -srvarg=/DSUService/abaptoolport=4234

Regards,

Stefan