Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Reconciliation Report - Beginning Balacne

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts

In Bank Reconciliation Report

I see Beginning Balance - Is it the bank statement balance or Bank Book balance in system

Please see below attached image,

Beginning Balance is 0.

I have cleared balance - 231,469.1

Ending is 0,

And in below details GL Bank bank balance is 120,926.14.

I am unclear what is beginning balance.

Suggestions are help full

Regards

Vamsi Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi ,

the report shows both the records i.e. for Bank and for the Book , in the above attached image the first record is for bank and the second one is for Book .

and the beginning balance is the Opening balance of the statement .

--Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

As explained by you for First part - Beginning Balance refers to the Opening Balance for Banks we uploaded through GL Account Opening Balance or it is the Statement Balance of Bank when we input initially before reconciliation.

Second Part i understood.

I am confused in Fist Part

Regards

Vamsi Krishna

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

at the time of reconciliation the amount you put in ending balance under Bank statement in selection criteria  will be your ending balance in the report in your case it is -231459.10 and the amount last balance in selection criteria will be beginning balance in the report  in your case it is 0.

so beginning balance is the Opening balance of your G/L Account on  that  specific date on which you do the reconciliation

--Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manish

Sorry to bother you much,

I have confusion here.

I have initiated Reconciliation first time in system. Already my GL Account is having Closing Balance as on 31.12 .2014.

Now i have Bank Statement Balance which i used to input i.e -231459.10 as on 31.01.2015

Then cleared/reconciled multiple transactions against above balance.

Now i run Reconciliation Report - I see balances as attached image in above Post.

Now please explain whether

Beginning balance should show which balance either 0 or Bank Balance as per books or Statement balance which i used to reconcile  

Regards

Vamsi Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Manish,

I got you,

You mean to say, the last Balance in selection criteria will be my Beginning Balance that means Beginning balance is the Last Reconciled Balance as per report right ?

And as already it was first time hence there was no reconciled balance and it was 0 right ? but in that case should it show the Bank Book Balance or else will it be 0 was my doubt.

Correct me if i am wrong

Regards

Vamsi Krishna

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Now you got the concept Vamshi , you are correct the very first bank reconciliation report after first reconciliation , the report will show the beginning balance as zero .

I hope now you got the concept of reconciliation report .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Manish.

former_member184146
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your Welcome Vamsi !

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

rajesh_khater
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

From where you found this report? I am unable to locate this kind of report in Sap Business One.

Is it a standard report?

I am using SBO 9.1 PL05 India localization.

Is it possible to get this report in India localization? Is there a workaround?

As per the Help File, the report is available only in AU, CA, GB, NZ, US, and ZA localizations.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

Anybody please.

Regards

Vamsi Krishna

Former Member